iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BOLDLY GOING ...

Started by Kevin, April 16, 2002, 05:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Here`s a few pictures from this past weeks "adventure" !

Rick-Wi

Nice Pic's. The sledding in this part of the woods would be harder.. 88 Yesterday, and 86 today. But looks like a nice setup.

Rick-Wi

Kevin

I was lucky to get that job done when I did because all that snow is pretty much gone today.
It was 81F  today.

WV_hillbilly

That's a real interesting way to get the wood closer to your mill . How did you haul the lumber out after you cut it?keep up the great pics and tales it makes me want to buy my own mill.
Hillbilly

Paul_H

Looks good Kevin.Is that a power winch in the tree?Have you packed any out yet.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Kevin

That`s an armstrong winch.  ;D
The whack is stacked and tarped.
I can haul it out via ATV ...

A couple of my helpers.

woodman

It looks like you and your frends were having a lot of fun, playing in the snow and cutting wood.
Jim Cripanuk

Tom

and here I was feeling sorry for you having to do all that work all by yourself, and sleep in the woods alone and make your own breakfast and bathe in ice cubes.....   ..... :D

You didn't say you had helpers.  ;D

I sure like the way you took the mill to the trees.  If you write that up real good, I'll bet Wood Mizer will put it in their magazine.

Kevin

Tom, you can still feel sorry for me,  :D
They only helped skid the last three logs and missed one day out of three milling.
They did help get the mill in and it would have been much more of a battle if I had to go that alone.
Good workers both of them although the younger of the two could only be there for half days.
The snow was rapidly melting all around the mill so we had to give`r for three days.
It`s history now !  ???
Just have to get the mill out of there and get it cleaned up as I have about thirty spruce logs still waiting for me at another location.

Kevin

Sorry, I forgot my other helper ...

He`s watching the logs while I take a short break!

Tom

Wow, where's his boots?

I thought only the Finns rolled naked in the snow. ;D

Pretty smart dog.  He found something to sit down on. :o

timberbeast

Great pics,  Kevin,  I enjoyed them immensly!
Where the heck is my axe???

Kevin

Tom,
I think a Finn will roll naked just about anywhere you let em!  :D

Thanks Beast, I had a hoot in there.

Thank You Sponsors!