iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TK 1600 upgrade

Started by Tony, December 09, 2017, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Howdy all, I've got a TK 1600 of which I am well pleased.  As I get older so does my help; off bearer is 90, daughter and son are headed to college. This leaves just me. The mill didn't come with a log turner and the Logrite and I can only do so much.  I know it has been discussed here before, but would like ideas and thoughts on putting a hydraulic turner upgrade on the mill.

Thanks  8) 8)
                                                                               Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Kbeitz

Are you setup inside a building ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Tony

The building is the next upgrade. ::) ::)

Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Southside

I am not familiar with your mill, but if I were to put on a log turner I would only go with a chain turner, much faster and they are bi-directional.  I think that would be an easier fabrication / install too. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

DDW_OR

Quote from: Tony on December 09, 2017, 11:15:28 AM
    Howdy all, I've got a TK 1600 of which I am well pleased.  As I get older so does my help; off bearer is 90, daughter and son are headed to college. This leaves just me. The mill didn't come with a log turner and the Logrite and I can only do so much.  I know it has been discussed here before, but would like ideas and thoughts on putting a hydraulic turner upgrade on the mill.

Thanks  8) 8)
                                                                               Tony
i have a TK-2000
have you called Timberking?

here is a link to useful sawmill mods

Quote from: Southside logger on December 09, 2017, 11:52:14 AM
I am not familiar with your mill, but if I were to put on a log turner I would only go with a chain turner, much faster and they are bi-directional.  I think that would be an easier fabrication / install too. 

I agree
"let the machines do the work"

ladylake

I think a chain turner was a option on the 1600, should just be a bolt on and WELL worth it.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WV Sawmiller

I'd surely call TK and see if I could add their hydraulics or if they had a bigger hydraulic mill and took trade ins. The cost difference might be comparable or less than doing the upgrade yourself.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Gearbox

Put a winch on a rafter with a canthook hook . Simple fix if you are building anyway just center a 4x4 or 6x6 over the mill to pull on and bolt on a 2500 pound winch $50 on sale . I have rolled 40 inch White PInes with mine .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Kbeitz

Quote from: Gearbox on December 10, 2017, 09:53:20 AM
Put a winch on a rafter with a canthook hook . Simple fix if you are building anyway just center a 4x4 or 6x6 over the mill to pull on and bolt on a 2500 pound winch $50 on sale . I have rolled 40 inch White PInes with mine .

I agree 100%
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

ladylake

Nothing like a chain turner for turning logs fast.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DPatton

The newer models of the TK1600 come with a bidirectional chain turner option. I wouldn't have bought mine without it! I'd bet that the great staff at TK can set you up with everything you need. I guarantee you will wonder how you and your back ever got by without it!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Tony

Called TK and ordered the log turner, looking forward to sawing with my "new mill" 8) 8)

Thanks,

Tony

DPatton

That's great to hear Tony. I'd put my money on your gonna like it ALOT! Hope the guys at TK made it an easy and relatively painless process for you. Their customer service has always been great for me.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!