iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Staying logged in when opening a new tab

Started by MbfVA, October 09, 2017, 01:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MbfVA

I am being asked to log in anew every time I open a separate tab.  This just started within the last week or so, primarily on my iPad Pro 12.

Some observations:
-iOS 10.3, have not updated to iOS 11
-Chrome in use, but it does not seem to be browser specific;
-It does not affect the page/tab I came from; still "logged in" on there;
-Refreshing the browser does not change anything;
-Though I almost always access the "full site", I frequently wind up switched to the "mobile site" where this problem occurs, but then switching over to the "full site" for that tab still does not treat me as logged in.

Any information?  Very annoying.
www.ordinary.com (really)

clearcut

I'm not having this issue on either Safari or Chrome on an iPad Air 2 iOS 10.3.

Chrome asks when you login the first time if you want to save the password for this site. I chose to do so, and do not have to login to each tab.  I use the full site option.

In Chrome (3 dot menu upper right) / Settings there is Saved Password option and a method for managing them.

Other than that, a restart, and cookie clearing may help.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

grouch

Sounds like your system decided to start expiring cookies for you.

Look for some setting that has changed.

Using Firefox here on Debian Gnu/Linux, 6 tabs open to FF for 6 months or so, opening another doesn't change login status, and I don't let the browser handle passwords. Cookies shouldn't crumble away like you're describing.
Find something to do that interests you.

Jeff

All I can say is there have been no software changes here in a few months.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

MbfVA

I do clear cookies often, but not recently. I think I'll try that before anything else.   The odd thing is I don't get kicked off when I open a new thread, or respond to an email with a thread.  It seems to happen mostly when I try to open a new tab off of a page. I'll do more research and see what happens.  MAny thanks for the quick responses, now if Apple would be that responsible about fixing Siri...

MbfVA

Still having trouble with my iPad Pro 12.9 (iOS 10.3.3) but only with Safari.  FFox seems to work fine.  Just FYI, in case anyone else has the same problem.