iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just wanted to say thanx!

Started by brando, December 05, 2017, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brando

Hey everybody! I joined the forum probably close to a year ago when i got enthused about building a bandsaw mill. Thanks to this forum and some ideas and help from friends I finally made it happen!! I pretty much came home every night for a couple months and spent a couple of hours on this forum haha.  The amount of knowledge and help i received was amazing! this is my first post because every time i came to ask a question i found somewhere on the forum that somebody had asked it already. so just wanted to say thanx to the creators of this forum and everybody on it, yall are making dreams come true!!

Grizzly

Well done Brando! And welcome to the forum (belated). Looks simple and effective but I'm not a fabricator. You'll likely get some encouragement to enclose some safety points but I like what I see. Open danger is sometimes better than hidden danger. Sometimes.

Lyle
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

brando

thanx ya i got some guards need to put them on...

drobertson

Awesome!! got to send this one to my cousin in SC, he's been wrangling the idea of a build for quite a while now,  yours is impressive if you ask me,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Looks good.
What's all the lumber going to be used for?
You will like sawing.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Welcome "neighbor up the road".  I am curious about what looks like your control/setworks station.  How about some more pictures.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, brando!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

Crossroads

Looks interesting, congratulations on the finished project
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

brando

Quote from: Magicman on December 06, 2017, 07:31:37 AM
Welcome "neighbor up the road".  I am curious about what looks like your control/setworks station.  How about some more pictures.
no setworks yet >:( hopefully one day i jus done all my wiring for speed controllers and switches behind that box to kinda protect it and make it look a lil cleaner then just a rats nest of wires...

brando

Quote from: thecfarm on December 06, 2017, 06:03:22 AM
Looks good.
What's all the lumber going to be used for?
You will like sawing.  :)
not sure yet to be honest probably shoulda figured all that out before i built it ;D The reason i got enthused about building it is i want to build live edge tables and stuff but i can already tell im gonna have way more lumber then i can use so hopefully i can sell some... I have a few people that want me to saw some logs for them already so hopefully i can make a lil money that way!

Ljohnsaw

Welcome and looks great.  What is the digital readout - RPM?  Your chair look pretty comfy and easy to enter/exit with the swivel!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Hey, dat chair swivels!!  Gotta be something wrong with that but ain't figured out what yet.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bert

Im a huge fan of the office chair re purposing. Looks like a great job!
Saw you tomorrow!

brando

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 06, 2017, 01:55:54 PM
Welcome and looks great.  What is the digital readout - RPM?  Your chair look pretty comfy and easy to enter/exit with the swivel!
ya its rpm chair is great haha

BigZ La

Brando can you get a pic of how your pulleys are mounted to the main frame. It looks like your design gives more room in the throat for larger logs. Thanks, Love to see how people make things. 

Grizzly

But........ all brando did was take his office chair and mount it in his office. No big deal.  ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

brando

Quote from: BigZ La on December 07, 2017, 11:14:02 AM
Brando can you get a pic of how your pulleys are mounted to the main frame. It looks like your design gives more room in the throat for larger logs. Thanks, Love to see how people make things.
[/quote I'm in Kentucky visiting some family so not close to my mill to take a pic but I have this one of when it was still in construction mode... might help you out 

Thank You Sponsors!