iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cherry yard logs

Started by Dudaks, December 04, 2017, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I haven't seen the OP, Dudaks, back on this thread....
He hasn't said what his situation is, or what he is wanting to do with the logs.  Is he trying to make a business and selling the wood?  Or just for his own woodworking? 

I would consider myself a hobbyist because so far (3+ years)I only produce for myself.  There isn't any commercial logging near me to be able to buy logs so I get them where I can.  I buy a lot from a large firewood business who works with all the tree services.  He sets aside all the better logs for me.  I pay .35/BF for Cherry, plut $100 delivery fee for every load of logs.  Some of his logs are yard logs, and some are rural logs.  It hasn't been too bad really.  It averages out in my favor over all my logs.  I don't mind if I hit a nail or two in Walnut.  It's worth it.  Cherry can also be worth it, especially if it's curly.  I'd pay a bit more for larger logs like that.  You can slab them and sell for higher prices, especially if you've got a way to dry it properly.  I'm guessing the OP doesn't have a way to move the logs.  If he does, then
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

OffGrid973

Also they normally need a full load of Walnut to get a mill to buy the truck load.  If they are this level it may not be worth your time to haggle.  At $250 I would make an "any metal" guarantee that they replace with a new stick free of charge.

Good luck.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Thank You Sponsors!