iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another TJ project

Started by Upnorth, December 02, 2017, 04:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upnorth

Started a project in the garage a while back. Finally got it outside today. It came a long ways from the day it showed up on the float.

I do need a turbocharger for it if anyone has one for sale - Detroit 353T.

TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

mike_belben

How handy is that blade grapple?
Praise The Lord

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

lopet

Nice paint job, ex hydro bucket unit ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

bushmechanic

Nice old machine, I see it has the bullet proof planetary wheel ends too. Good luck with it.

Logger RK

Nice looking machine. I also am looking for a turbo charger for a 353T. Have you had the valve cover off of it? If so is there a plugger type device on yours? We a a few 353N's,but this is the first Turbo. We're putting it in a Hahn Harvester. Wondering what it is? Low oil pressure shut down? Also the blower is different. My Son Phil looked that up,and it sounds like that's a fuel saving feature?

Upnorth

Quote from: Logger RK on December 05, 2017, 08:21:31 AM
Nice looking machine. I also am looking for a turbo charger for a 353T. Have you had the valve cover off of it? If so is there a plugger type device on yours? We a a few 353N's,but this is the first Turbo. We're putting it in a Hahn Harvester. Wondering what it is? Low oil pressure shut down? Also the blower is different. My Son Phil looked that up,and it sounds like that's a fuel saving feature?

Fortunately I haven't had to take the valve cover off, not sure what that plunger you described would be for without seeing it. This engine is actually very tight and clean, once the turbo is bolted on it will be ready to go to work.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

Upnorth

Quote from: lopet on December 02, 2017, 07:05:51 PM
Nice paint job, ex hydro bucket unit ?

Thanks Lopet,

No not a bucket unit, but it does have a fuel tank and pump mounted between the fenders. It's purpose for many years prior was as a fuel buggy to deliver fuel to the bunchers. I bought it after it had sat for a while. It's actually in great shape all around. I guess delivering fuel is easier on it than pulling wood all day.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

lopet

Good for you, so what's with that frame on top of the hood ?  Looked liked a crane resting on it to me, obviously I am wrong.
With all the blade winch and arch setup, don't you think it was a skidder in it's first live ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Upnorth

Yes it is set up as a cable skidder as well, always had been. The fuel tank is small enough that it can still pull wood without it getting in the way too bad. The frame built over the engine area is to protect it from falling trees I suppose. Seen lots of similar setups around here.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

Thank You Sponsors!