iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please Welcome Council Tool!

Started by Jeff, December 01, 2017, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm pleased and proud to introduce to you our newest Forestry Forum sponsor
Council Tool!
Please give them a warm welcome, visit their website and feel free to ask any questions that they can help you with. They will also hace a sponsor announcement board here on the forum where you can find and talk about information on thier many fine MADE IN AMERICA!!! products. :)

I think Council Tool will be a perfect fit for the Forestry Forum, in fact, they are jumping right in to help co-sponsor this year Forestry Forum Christmas Contest!  More on that soon!

Some History of Council Tool
John Pickett Council began making tools for the turpentine harvesting industry in the late 1800s. Mr. Council was a farmer, woodsman and a "producer" of turpentine. A "producer" was one involved with harvesting turpentine for market. He began making tools because he was dissatisfied with the quality of tools available for purchase. Word spread about the value of the tools he handcrafted, and he subsequently found himself selling tools. The business was incorporated in 1886, and it's been manufacturing hand tools of one type or another ever since.

Council Tool uses only American steel in our forgings, American hickory or fiberglass in our handles, and we use all domestically produced materials and supplies. Before we attach the "Made in USA" label, we make sure ours is a quality product in every respect, that it measures up to our standards, and that it is a product that will represent excellent value for the user.

Through the years our product lines have evolved along with changing markets and consumer demand. Today, we offer broad product lines in categories such as axes; striking tools; forged bars for prying, pulling and digging; shrugging tool; pick mattocks and similar digging tools; wood splitting tools; and various specialty hand tools. The company also manufactures a number of tools distributed into firefighting markets and used by firefighters around the world.

While mindful of the need to evolve and change with the times, several things have not changed. We are still a family owned operation. Today, the majority stockholders also help run the operation and are on the plant floor every day. This close association within the company helps maintain our commitment to quality. Our plant associates, who actually make the tools, are second- and third- generation Carolina craftsmen who take pride in their skills and their work. Our company began with one man's commitment to quality and satisfaction, and that same spirit remains with the company today.

John Picket Council had a fairly simple set of beliefs that he felt were necessary for success. We continue to operate by them today. Our philosophy is still to make top quality products, to offer good value, and to be innovative in the manufacture of products without sacrificing any integrity. This has guided us very well though three centuries, and we believe it's the direction of our future as well.

www.counciltool.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BradMarks

I can attest to the quality of these tools. Made in North Carolina, reasonably priced IMO. A good sponsor for sure!

Roxie

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!   8)
Say when

breederman

Welcome.  I already see something I need , i mean want !
Together we got this !

Autocar

Welcome and very nice looking axes.
Bill

curdog

Welcome,  I really like their fire rakes. I have 4 or 5 in both trucks we run, and many spares gathering dust in my conex box

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum, and thank you! In the last couple of weeks, we've added two council axes on the hewing crew. Its nice to know there is still a source for quality tools.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I just found out that long time Forum member Rooster is an Axe designer for Council Tool!  He will also be a moderator for their sponsor news forum once it gets up and going.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Rooster

Hey Guys!

Thanks Jeff for setting this up !!  When I was asked how Council could connect with the public, customers, and end users of their products, I thought about Jeff, the forum, and the large audience that the FF has attracted over the years...

I knew it would be a good fit for everyone...

So check in at the Council Tool Sponsorship news section and let's talk all things axe and tools...

Peace, Rooster

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

thecfarm

they are jumping right in to help co-sponsor this year Forestry Forum Christmas Contest

Let the good time roll.  :D
And yes glad to see their product
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome to the FF. Some really neat tools on your website.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Welcome Council Tool to the Forestry Forum Family of Sponsors!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LaneC

Man makes plans and God smiles

samandothers

Nice looking tools!  Dad had a Hudson Bay style axe I remember using as a kid.

Thanks for your sponsorship. I would like to check out your facility when in the area.

VictorH

ellmoe

Welcome aboard! Happy to see the Made in the USA designation.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

coxy

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF Council Tool and thank-you for your support here

D

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Great website.  Thanks for becoming a sponsor.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Council Tool, and thanks for becoming a FF sponsor!

Nice looking axes!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Grizzly

Very fitting sponsor! And thank you!

I'll go check the website and see what their is for us Canadjians.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Savannahdan

Welcome, thank you for being a sponsor and for offering excellent tools.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

scsmith42

Welcome to the FF!  It's great to see a NC based company supporting this great forum.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!