iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I love my woodmizer

Started by woodmills1, November 28, 2017, 07:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I love it when I am running it.  I love it when I am not running it.  I really love it when I use the tremendous network that is the support of the wonderful company that produced it.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

firefighter ontheside

That's good to hear.  I got a new to me LT15 and though I have used it, I have not used it since it became mine a few months ago.  I've been working on getting it set up in a good spot.  I hope to saw with it next week.  I have contacted WM several times and they have been very helpful.  I sent off some of the used blades that I got with it and I was very happy with that service.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

woodmills1

stay with it because it is a good thing
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

I'm just glad to see you are still alive! You were gone a long time!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

Nice to see you are still the boss.  Doing the stuff, being alive and figured you had others to keep in line.  Love this place just as much as I love my Woodmizer Jeff

porcupine

Quote from: woodmills1 on November 28, 2017, 07:13:39 PM
I love it when I am running it.  I love it when I am not running it.  I really love it when I use the tremendous network that is the support of the wonderful company that produced it.
I love a good love story!  I love mine too!  :)
Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

Bosco

Got mine ordered wont arrive til 18Dec. was thinking I'd set it up on the concrete pad next to the shop and learn how to run it, then move it to a more permanent spot. Hoping I love it.

78NHTFY

Ok, I'll join this love fest ;D!  Have owned an LT40 for 15 yrs +.  Best thing is that despite relatively infrequent use, whenever I need to saw it just does the job: pull off the tarps, start the engine to warm it up, squirt ATF on the rails, posts and pad; put lube on the chains; WD 40 on the blade cover screws and behind the blade guides, and in 5-10 minutes am cutting the log I last left on the deck.  EVERY TIME!  This is the most reliable machine I own.  I recently complained that the up/down switch wasn't working right and was sent a new one without charge ("the part shouldn't have failed with the # of hours you have on the machine").  Reliability and service!  This is what it used to be in the USA with everything.....
Second best thing about owning this mill: I regularly go on to this site like so many others to read what all these good folks have to say.
So, I'll be sawing some big WP (from recent blowdown) in the next few weeks (see pic) and there will be no problems....BTW, logs are on my forwarding trailer in the barn 'cause I came back by the light of the moon and it was too dangerous to unload onto the log deck at night.  All the best, Rob.

If you have time, you win....

Resonator

Before I bought my mill I talked to a neighbor friend with a LT40 hydraulic, who has had his machine for years. He was very pleased with all his machine could do, all the lumber it produced, and how much fun this "hobby" is. I have had my brand new LT28 for about a week and love it! Quality built fit and finish throughout, and flat, straight, smooth cut boards right off the mill, time after time. Excellent customer support throughout the buying process, from the office in Indy, to my dealer Steve in Wisconsin. Thank you Wood Mizer! (My goal is to trade up to orange hydraulics someday!)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Dakota

I just watched the video on the new LT35 hydraulic.  Even though I'm a Lucas guy, I'd love to have that LT35.
Dave Rinker

starmac

Woodmills1, just out of curiosity, how do you like your woodmizer?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Stuart Caruk

You guys are making me miss my LT35. Hopefully soon, my 450 will show up.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

drobertson

Good post! And the best thing is nothing ever goes wrong, money hand over fist! They're great!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Billikenfan

Quote from: firefighterontheside on November 28, 2017, 07:57:28 PM
That's good to hear.  I got a new to me LT15 and though I have used it, I have not used it since it became mine a few months ago.  I've been working on getting it set up in a good spot.  I hope to saw with it next week.  I have contacted WM several times and they have been very helpful.  I sent off some of the used blades that I got with it and I was very happy with that service.

Good to see someone just a couple miles away on the board.  I sold my lt15 a couple years ago and upgraded to a new lt40 hydraulic.  I really liked the lt15.  Had lots of days of 1k plus bdft on mine.  Let me know if you need help finding logs I have some contacts.

Scott
2015 Woodmizer LT40  Hydraulic 35hp
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

woodmills1

Put in about 2 full days over the last 3, Tuesday was well up into the 40's, wed was ok and today was  PIA till about 1:00.  Made over 2 grand of ordered product, two trailer decks, 12 and 10 foot horse fence and 6by and 8by post and beams from the hearts.  Love when I get orders for Jacket wood while producing beams.  Have you heard me say nice things about WM orange ya happy?

4x4American

Woodmills your signature is hilarious I look forward to reading this thread soon as I get done here at the sawmill.  (sitting in truck warming up for 5 minutes got the forum on my iphone).
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!