iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fun Christmas gift - lathe snowman

Started by OffGrid973, November 27, 2017, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Started getting into the small cedar logs to start making gifts. If you have any cedar available make a test piece and see how it holds up with a little sanding with paste wax and mineral spirit mixture.  If solid for a day or two should hold up and start making more.  Larger ones can hold candles, and once i solidify my final design I will be making some 1.5' and 2' tall.

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Downstream

Cool idea.  I will have to add this to the list of projects to try.  List is growing faster than I can knock them off.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Ianab

I've made some smaller ones out of a white Cedar, with a separate Walnut hat, and some twigs for arms. I think one went on last years "world tour of the South Island" because it was small enough to pack.  :D

Just cute little ones that you can hang from a tree or sit on the window sill.

Weird how we still have snowmen for Christmas here in NZ. Temps are tropical, we are all wearing shorts etc.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

samandothers

OffGrid973

My buddy helped me come up with the big brother design...the family is growing.

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

cbla

Crusarius

I think you cut to deep. your snowman is bleeding :)

Bogue Chitto

Thank You Sponsors!