iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adjusting lt 40

Started by Woods, November 24, 2017, 09:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woods

Dug my old lt 40 out today. Sawing 20'6" white pine (cut it a year ago). Sawed awesome except the cant was 1/4" thick on the far end? I had the far Support under it and tried re-sawing at slower speed to no avail. I pulled  the support out and tried again. No luck !! Any tips?

highleadtimber16

Sounds like you need to raise the jack on the end of the mill. The ground is wet this time of year, so the legs can settle easily. If not that, it could be stress in the log.
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

Chuck White

Quote from: highleadtimber16 on November 25, 2017, 12:25:40 AM
Sounds like you need to raise the jack on the end of the mill. The ground is wet this time of year, so the legs can settle easily. If not that, it could be stress in the log. 

Either this or get into the book and do a complete alignment!

By the way, Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Woods!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

without some pictures, Its hard to say where to begin,, what you are describing has a ring to it that sounds like quite possibly your 20' cant is just bowing up more on one end than the other, and its true having the jack stands making good contact from front to back helps with minor variances in the sawn dimensions.  I do believe I would make certain that your mill is level and on solid ground, then do a physical check from the blade to the bed rails.  Its hard for me to imagine the rails changing unless someone messed with them, but long cants move quite often, and often times more than a 1/4"
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!