iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

548GIII

Started by Nemologger, November 23, 2017, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemologger

On my 548GIII there is times when I start it and it will suddenly go to half throttle. If I shut it off and re start some times it will do it again or sometimes it will be ok. I think it has to do with the switch on the dash that is the throttle control . Is there a Selenoid or something that could be bad? It will only do this if the machine has sit a few days.
Clean and Sober

OH logger

I assume it revs higher than the preset warm up idle?? if so I think your on the right track thinkin about the throttle speed switch on the dash. that's where id start if mine did that. pull that fuse out if it has one (I think it does) and put it or a new one back in. that's about the extent of my electric fixing abilities!!  ;D
john

Gearbox

Could it be a low voltage thing ? Take a meter reading on each battery unhooked cold befor starting after sitting for a couple days . Newer stuff does not like low voltage .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

kiko

I have little experienced with 548g3.    6 and 7 yes.  On all but the early g3s the foot feed has a potentiometer on it.   The rubber boot below the pedal will get a hole in it and let dirt collect down in there where the potentiometer is.   Could be hanging up or the potentiometer it self could be bad.  There were two styles of the electric foot feed if I recall correctly.

Firewoodjoe

I know on the 648s (boss has 3) that foot pedal control has been a common problem. But I've never had one rev up only not work when u push the pedal.

finding the trail

It may be part of the warm up. My machines run at 1050 rpm's at startup after a minute or two they idle down. They have done this from day one.

Thank You Sponsors!