iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snow dawg

Started by Stephen Alford, November 23, 2017, 07:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Hmm, we don't get much wind here  :D, The only thing between me and Nantucket is a barbwire fence and a couple of scrubby spruce trees.

Ramps are good, I even use ramps to put the hand mower on a pickup truck, my back thanks me.

Now if a person had a snowmobile track and a variable speed electric motor they could run their sled off the generator mounted on it just to move it around. Sorta joking.

mike_belben

I used to get $250 each for those uhaul ramps, with a waiting list. 

Chain that thing down buddy.
Praise The Lord

Stephen Alford

Ya, hilltop bettin that pic under your name was taken on a  "special day" however the word hilltop in and of itself would indicate a bit of a "blow". The Magdalines offer some protectionfor us, but there just a sandbar really.   :-\   You can tell when it is a cold day here..you often see a seagull trying to jump start another seagull by towin em with a french fry.   :D  You and puffergas should colaberate bet you would have drawings by dawn.   ;D

I hear ya Mike, already had to put the camo to the ramp and that was just to hide it from my "wife".   :-X

logon

chevytaHOE5674

Sounds like you need to shop around. I talked to the local truck shop and he can get an Espar with its own little fuel tank for less than 1200 bucks and have it to me in 3 days.

Now I'm as cheap as anybody but no way I would lift a generator in and out of a truck everyday and worry about having to "snow dawg" it into the job for 1200 bucks. Then having to worry if the generator has fuel, and is tuned up, and do I have the extension cord, and will it start, etc.

Stephen Alford

Just to be clear i think these heaters are a great idea and the way to go ... if I were younger and gear was newer.  The only thing I would have to get used to is my fear of fire.  Everything I run is totally disconnected when I leave.  I run four engines on a daily basis for about an hour minimum.  To install heaters i would have a 4 factor.  Otherwise the generator has to be board anyway. The rest of the gear is already there.  The tractor is 27 years old. The 7.3 is 22 years. The L10 cummins is 32 years and 453 D is 49 years old.  They are are all cogged with a combination of block,rad, and magnetic base electric heaters.   I don't cold start or use ether but that is just me.   I will be keeping an eye out for a better price for sure as you suggest or possible quality used .   The snowdog just caught my eye as having some potential and an interesting twist on some old tec.
logon

mike_belben

Smart man.  Wives arent nearly as considerate of a mans finances as a thief!   :D
Praise The Lord

Hilltop366

It was a nice day at the Peggy's Cove light house near Halifax aprox 200 miles from my house. There is nothing but ocean between here and Dakar.

This is the Yarmouth Light which is around 6 miles from home, I am actually 3 miles from the Bay of Fundy, Being this close to the ocean can really make a difference in temperature, when I go to the camp which is 30 min drive in land it will usually be 5 to 10 degrees hotter in the summer and 5 to 10 degrees colder in the winter.

Puffergas

Here is a source of tracks, kind of expensive. But, it would add up to try to make a track from flat belt and install cross pieces.

https://www.sledtrack.com/snowmobile-service-tracks/
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Puffergas

The link doesn't work, maybe this one.

https://www.sledtrack.com
Jeff

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Puffergas

Oh well, search for sledtrack and then look for economical tracks.
Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!