iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting cookie, what is it?

Started by Ljohnsaw, November 23, 2017, 12:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

A few pictures - do you know what it is?  The bark really looks like cedar to me:

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

DelawhereJoe

That top picture reminds me of some fossilized wood with the crystalline look it has to it. 1st looks like the camera had the flash on 2nd looked like lamp light.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Ljohnsaw

Well, I guess you got me ;)  Yes, two different lighting on the same thing.  It is totally amazing how much detail was preserved.  Wish I could get a real good picture of it.

But, what kind of tree was it.  Here is the whole cookie:

John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sprucebunny

How did it get to be a cookie ???
Just a little too long to fit in a cave ???  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Ljohnsaw

Geology department at the the local JC was slicing it up and was going to toss this end piece so my daughter snagged it.  Thinking of framing it to hang at my cabin.  Can't exactly pound a nail in it or route a keyhole in it to hang it :D
John Sawicky

mike_belben

Thats not a cookie, its a dinosaur turd. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!