iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee Table

Started by bags, November 21, 2017, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bags

Got another coffee table done this afternoon.

The table top is a 5/4 X 20" full piece of LE white spruce and blackjack pine for the base. The color match turned out pretty well.

Downstream

Very nice work.  I always like how rustic pine looks when done.  The oversized base legs/feet go well with it.  Keep up the good work.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

WLC

Very nice!!  How tall is it from the floor to the top?  I've got one to build for my son who is in the process of buying his first home.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

ToddsPoint

Very nice!  Wood is a type we don't often see in the Midwest.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

bags

Its 18" tall and 48" long.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

BradMarks

Blackjack pine?  That must be a local term. Lodgepole?, bug kill?.  Very nice table.

Magicman

Very nice bags and the colors have a nice warm look.

I waved at you from I25 while we were going to and from Fairplay in October.   smiley_wavy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WLC

Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

bags

Blackjack Pine. Not sure if its a local term--- I know its an old term though. I learned a whole lot about mill'in in my younger days from 70-80 year old loggers and sawyers--- those fellas knew things about timber that has long faded away.

Anyway--- Blackjack Pine is a Ponderosa, younger than 50 years old that grows on the dark side of the mountain--- usually mixed in with the Doug firs. They have almost black bark, and they never seem to be able to grow up and out of the firs. They all have the stripped grain pattern ya can see on the feet of the table.

Folks will hear me use another term (old term)--- Yellow Bellie. Those are the 200-300 year old ponderosa's that grow out in the mountain parks that aren't in much competition with other trees, unlike their brothers that wear the ruffer course bark of the Ponderosa's that grow in closer quarters limb to limb.

From read'in your posts, I figured about when you were come'in through MM, so I gave ya a wave back from the top of Hardscrabble Pass.

Magicman

Hopefully some day we will pass through Westcliffe again and we can meet.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Whatever you want to call that pine,it show does look mighty nice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!