iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You can't make this up

Started by Bruno of NH, November 16, 2017, 03:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinefeller

i plowed for the state last year and never will again. they are idiots (the state), no one knows how to properly use salt or how to read a thermometer or watch the weather. the waste is disgusting. last year i got so sick of it i went rogue and didnt use salt an entire storm my load froze in the truck but it was worth it. just dry pavement on my route and the snow was just blowing off the road. everyone else had 4'' of ice. when they found out they promptly went out and salted my section and low and behold it was a mess in two hours. they sure showed me !!! lol they can have it. i swear they only use salt to destroy old cars.
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

starmac

You can buy all the foreign diesels pickups, our govt says you have to screw them up to sell them here, volkswagon cheated for a while, but got nailed.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

fishfighter

Had to go to New Orleans yesterday. Half way down, my truck started running hot. What? >:( Pulled over and sure enough, it was hot. No water in it. I was due to flush it, but been putting it off. :o In the middle of no were, what will a coonass do? Easy, just about anywhere in Louisiana, there is always a ditch with water in it. Two water bottles took a bit of time to fill it up with swamp water. :D

Made the trip and back home. Flushed it out good and all is good again. ;D Bad thing, I have to go back again today. >:( Dam doctors. :(

crowhill

No clue as to why your truck is losing water, but I remember as a kid the milk truck stopping at the farm to pick up the cans of milk ( was a few days ago! ) , radiator was spewing water. The driver asked me if I could get him some black pepper, ran to the house got the can of pepper, driver gingerly took the cap off the radiator and poured in a bunch of pepper, leak stopped!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

crowhill

FF,  just thought if you grabbed your water out of the ditch along with a few crawdads, with some pepper in your radiator you'd have the start of some gumbo by the time you got back home!

Hope all works out in New Orleans for you.

Russel
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Magicman

Paul, dem Doctors are keeping you alive, so suck up some of dat swamp water and keep on going.  Stay Strong my Friend.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

If you can't see a leak I would bet you have a bad head gasket.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

Quote from: Kbeitz on November 21, 2017, 08:35:45 AM

Was heading back yesterday morning and got about 35 miles down the road. DanG thing started running hot again. >:(

Short story, I had a couple gallons of water with me just in case. Found out were the leak is. A small rubber elbow that goes to the torque converter heater/cooler block that is leaking. Heck, I didn't even know there was such a thing. :D Of course the hoses are a dealer part only. >:( Also, talk about a SOB to get to. I had to remove the starter that took me a good 6 hours due to that fact I couldn't reach the top bolt due to I having a bunch of blood vessels thru out my chest area sticking out a good 3/8" and giving me a bunch of trouble. My transplant team is freaking out on that. Thinking I am rejecting my CRT-D.

Kbeitz

Quote from: fishfighter on November 22, 2017, 06:15:21 AM
Quote from: Kbeitz on November 21, 2017, 08:35:45 AM

Was heading back yesterday morning and got about 35 miles down the road. DanG thing started running hot again. >:(

Short story, I had a couple gallons of water with me just in case. Found out were the leak is. A small rubber elbow that goes to the torque converter heater/cooler block that is leaking. Heck, I didn't even know there was such a thing. :D Of course the hoses are a dealer part only. >:( Also, talk about a SOB to get to. I had to remove the starter that took me a good 6 hours due to that fact I couldn't reach the top bolt due to I having a bunch of blood vessels thru out my chest area sticking out a good 3/8" and giving me a bunch of trouble. My transplant team is freaking out on that. Thinking I am rejecting my CRT-D.

Glad you found it...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

Just got back from picking up two replacement hoses that are about 3" each. $70. :o Waiting for it to warm up now.

Oliver05262

Don't you love them parts prices on dealer only parts? I had to replace the heater hoses on my '02 Superduty and they were over $175.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

schakey

Off topic but have you ever gone to a dealer and try to find a plain Jane work truck. All you see is loaded truck that a person would be afraid to get dirty let alone scratch or use as a truck.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

thecfarm

And have you see how high those new ones are??  :o
I work at a hardware store and those things are getting higher and higher. First off 20 inch tires,and than there is a foot of room beween the tire and the wheel well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Quote from: schakey on November 23, 2017, 12:05:03 PM
Off topic but have you ever gone to a dealer and try to find a plain Jane work truck. All you see is loaded truck that a person would be afraid to get dirty let alone scratch or use as a truck.

Sure have. >:( My old 2004 dodge just made 200K and at those prices, there is no way I will buy a new one. ;D

Resonator

Quote - "Don't you love them parts prices on dealer only parts?"   
Years ago had a friend worked as a new car salesman at a dealership and asked him about pricing, costs, and how they made money. He said look at our brand new building, we build the service department at least 4x bigger than the showroom floor, THATS where we make money. Similarly I was fixing an old backhoe and was paying through the nose for parts, asked the parts counter man how come, and he said "They pick a number (margin) to charge, and that is what you pay." https://forestryforum.com/board/Smileys/default/lipsrsealed.gif
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

starmac

Schakey, It has probably been 10 years or a little longer, but I got the hankering for a new pickup. I went to Amarillo Texas with the intention of driving a new dodge diesel back . This is farm and ranch country, you would think a large dealer with between 50 and 100 diesel pickups would have at least ONE work truck.
I walked by everything they had on the lot without opening a door, just looking in the window and not slowing down. The salesman didn't catch up with me until I was on the last row near the end of their diesels. When he ask if he could put me in one, I told him unless he had something hidden, he didn't have anything on the lot I would drive off in. There was not a standard tranny in the bunch, period. He said he could order me one, but I told him I would be over this buying fever before he could get it in. I drove my old wore out diesel pick up home and still have it.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Kbeitz

Quote from: starmac on November 23, 2017, 01:54:12 PM
Schakey, It has probably been 10 years or a little longer, but I got the hankering for a new pickup. I went to Amarillo Texas with the intention of driving a new dodge diesel back . This is farm and ranch country, you would think a large dealer with between 50 and 100 diesel pickups would have at least ONE work truck.
I walked by everything they had on the lot without opening a door, just looking in the window and not slowing down. The salesman didn't catch up with me until I was on the last row near the end of their diesels. When he ask if he could put me in one, I told him unless he had something hidden, he didn't have anything on the lot I would drive off in. There was not a standard tranny in the bunch, period. He said he could order me one, but I told him I would be over this buying fever before he could get it in. I drove my old wore out diesel pick up home and still have it.

I'm a standard guy myself....
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

pinefeller

i have an old 4 speed with granny low in my ford ranger lol
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

Thank You Sponsors!