iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vast member map

Started by Grizzly, November 16, 2017, 12:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

I have dreams of visiting several of my FF friends and have spent a little time trying to map it out and find some efficiencies. But this vast country we call Canada isn't very distance friendly for that sort of thing. I got one chap within a couple of hundred miles then another less than 300, 400 in another direction to another, and probably 1200 to another. I like our wilderness and space but sometimes it's inconvenient. I'll keep trying though. Especially now I can't work I'm gonna at least get around and watch others work! Smell some sawdust...........

Lyle
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Only thing I can tell ya is to pack your bags and head South.  move_it
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 16, 2017, 05:53:09 PM
Only thing I can tell ya is to pack your bags and head South.  move_it

And don't stop here for more than a hour it's COLD here but then we can sit buy the wood stove and drink purple drank  :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Grizzly

goose, I've seen and heard enough of this purple drank to be outright terrified! Can you imagine anyone else in a skirt udder dan da goat?!!!   :D :D

I've wondered about a small rv that could manage to stay warm enough in winter climates. Staying out of hotels is biggest deal.

I wonder how far Poston is? Maybe I could sit on that fantastic porch thing by his mill and make myself a nuisance?  ;D

coxy

WV Sawmiller

Griz,

My app only shows you as being about 2,001 miles away so on your way to see David Post you can stop over here going or coming. Other members have left his place then stopped here and it is an easy 5-6 hour drive on nearly all interstate highway and we have a big lot in front aching to accommodate motor homes, travel trailers and such or plenty of spare bedrooms in the house so we will be looking forward to seeing you soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tree-farmer

Come on down, we will leave the lights on for you.
Fresh grits every a.m.   8)
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

goose63

Griz if you get down this way lot me know I have all kinds of room for the rv lots of wood for a fire and we will let da goat have da purple drank 8)

Would leave the light on for ya but that old yard light works when it feels like it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

rjwoelk

Grizzly i am home till 23 then back on the road till june. Got one day of milling to do.  Agribition next week as well.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Grizzly

With all that welcoming going on I'd best find a way to travel. But we'll see what reality offers. It sure would be nice to go though.

And thanks for the correction WV. I see David's handle and I forget his proper name. My bad. (Bad memory at least).

rj - I thought you were done with agribition? still doing sheep?

rjwoelk

Rhonda sells the wool products. We also advertising the firewood and my son has the horseshoe art going on so we add a little wood work to it. I had some curly birch.

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

campwags

Quote from: tree-farmer on November 17, 2017, 05:40:44 PM
Come on down, we will leave the lights on for you.
Fresh grits every a.m.   8)

I have never had Grits... Can I get just one to see if I like them?   ???  ;D  :D
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

thecfarm

I had them grits. Them people from away will try to tell you how good they are.  ::) Than they tell you to mix them with something good to make them taste good.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Quote from: thecfarm on November 19, 2017, 01:02:12 PM
I had them grits. Them people from away will try to tell you how good they are.  ::) Than they tell you to mix them with something good to make them taste good.  ::)

Ray:
It is my opinion that your taste buds need recalibration.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

A true Yankee would not be talking that way to another true Yankee.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on November 19, 2017, 05:14:11 PM
A true Yankee would not be talking that way to another true Yankee.  ;)

:D :D :D :D smiley_thumbsup
Don't forget he was the inside man. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I will NEVER forget it.  :o  Betrayer is not even good enough.
True Yankees need to stand strong together.

pinefeller

for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

The truth shall set you free! 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Kinda like when you own brother comes to assassinate ya. You put your trust in them.  ;D
Now I have a lifetime supply of grits.

Magicman

Something ain't right.  I ate all of the Rhubarb Preserves.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rjwoelk

Lynn you just made me hungry gor rhubarb pie. :D

rjwoelk

Rhubarb and strawberrie. Yuuuuummy

Thank You Sponsors!