iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An amazing tool I recently bought

Started by Percy, November 14, 2017, 09:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

This thing is a time saver and has as much hormones as my ingersol 1/2 inch air impact but is much more portable. I researched before I bought and this one is the grand daddy right now allthough Milwakee is comming out with one as, or even more powerful. Today a drive chain broke on my rollcase and wrapped itself around the rollershaft before anyone noticed what had happened. To get the chain off, I had to unbolt one of the pillow block bearings  holding the roller. Long story short, this tool was invaluble in the repair process shortening the time for fixing by more than half. It cost alot up here in Canada(700.00 with charger and 2 - 5.0 ah lithium ion batteries). Thats like 8 bucks American :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. Looks like a fine addition.

I just bought an electric (cord type) half inch impact wrench last year after borrowing my sons to remove an electric PTO on my mower to replace a drive belt. Could not get it off with just a socket wrench. Since I got mine from HF I have repeatedly asked myself how I ever got along without one. Use it all the time change tires on trailers, remove lawn mower blades, etc. One of these days maybe I will take the extra plunge and get the battery powered one like yours. I have a buddy who keeps his in is car and swears by it every time he has to change a tire - okay not that often but sure handy when he does.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crossroads

I have 1/2" dewalt that I use at work and if you're not careful, it's easy to twist a 1/2" bolt off.
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

starmac

I have both the 1/2 and the 3/4 Milwaukee. You have to watch buying them as they make several different power ranges, but at 700 and 760 ft pounds in forward, and over 1100 in reverse, I seldom get out the ingersalls anymore, oh yea, have the 1/4, that also has 3/8 anvils too.

I carry the 3/4 in my log truck, it will do 99% of the work if I blow a tire on the road.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Crusarius

I have the 1/2" and 1/4" M18. I am slowly replacing all my air tools with milwaukee. The battery sawzall is the best for pruning trees. :)

Magicman

I only have a ½" Ridgid 18v, but even it is a very handy tool.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Grizzly

Quote from: Percy on November 14, 2017, 09:31:25 PM

It cost alot up here in Canada(700.00 with charger and 2 - 5.0 ah lithium ion batteries). Thats like 8 bucks American :D :D :D

:D :D  My brother would tell you....  "I told you 288,000 times not to exaggerate!"
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

SlowJoeCrow

Cordless is where it's at nowadays...electric cord or air hose, get rid of those!!  It's one thing if you never leave the shop, but where we work on things, (all over the farm, in the middle of the woods and fields, these battery powered tools are awesome.  I have a 1/2" Dewalt impact that I love and I just ordered the Dewalt 20v framing nailer for all of our building and construction needs.

Crusarius

I finally broke down and bought pneumatic nailers. Then Milwaukee released the battery one. I am so mad. I want to know how they work in real world applications.

rjwoelk

We got a battery nailer dewalt. It uses 3.5 inch down to 2 inch. A very good framing nailer.  On a 22x26 floor we had it all done on 1 battery and abit on thr second. It is heavy but would not want to go back to a hammer.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

SlowJoeCrow

I am going to pick up the dewalt framing nailer tonight, probably use tomorrow or this weekend.  I will let you know how i like it.  I have used a paslode with the gas cartridge which is good, but stinky.  For me it was a no brainer as I havent invested in air tools.  I would have to buy a portable compressor as well as a air nailer, might as well get the 20v max nailer for cheaper than a nailer plus compressor.

SlowJoeCrow

I have a dewalt 18 gauge brad nailer that is 18 volt.  It is heavier and bigger than an air nailer, but works great with no hose, compressor or noise.

Crusarius

I think I can deal with the extra weight and size to avoid the stupid air hose and compressor.

and don't forget the stupid annoying leaky quick connects.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hedgerow

I am still old school if I am in the shop working I still use my air impacts. But when I go to the other farms or need to change a tire on the road the cordless tools come out and save a old man  a lot of work. Cordless tools have come a long way.

SlowJoeCrow

Yes they have.  If you are going to invest in new tools, might as well get brand name cordless. The extra cost will be repaid in productivity.

Crusarius

My M18 impact blows away my air impact.

No pun intended.

Percy

Quote from: Crusarius on November 16, 2017, 09:40:58 AM
My M18 impact blows away my air impact.

No pun intended.
Still funny!!! Hahahahahahahahah
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

starmac

My cordless impacts get way more use than my air ones, drills too, but they can never replace them. there is places the cordless just will not physically fit for one, and as stout as they are, the air is still stouter. It is just so nice not to have to drag an air hose under a truck or piece of equipment.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

47sawdust

This past year I got  hooked pretty  bad  on M18 Fuel tools. My work  station looked like a  Milwaukee commercial. The ½ inch impact driver is really a nice addition,no more air hose. It is really strong ,snapped a lug nut putting my wifes snow tires on the other day..
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

SlowJoeCrow

Today I used the Dewalt framing nailer outside on a roof repair that I am working on.  Driving 3" nails through 2x4 perlins into old oak rafters.  It would drive the nails and sink them, but it had to be on the high power setting.  It is heavy and not as fast as a pneumatic, but worked fine for what I was doing.  It would not drive 3" nails through old dry side by side roughsaw 2x6 oak rafters, but I dont know if a pneumatic would either.  You have to be realistic.  The crapsman pneumatic nailer and compressor that I was using before struggled to drive 3" nails through 2x4 perlins into the old oak rafters.  So far I am happy with the nailer.

Thank You Sponsors!