iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mis-directed energy

Started by gasman1075, November 13, 2017, 08:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman1075

I finally got to use my rear mounted 3 PT thumb and am happy with its usefulness. I was able to slide the forks under the log, secure with the thumb, move it closer to the splitter and keep it up off the ground and secure while I cut it to length and then could roll the rounds right onto the log lift. I have a few dollars into it but I am thinking work smarter not harder as I age. Here are a few pictures ( I think)

JD 2302R/Stihl MS461/Stihl MS261/ Timberwolf TW-P1/ new left hip /

hedgerow

Nice set up you will enjoy bucking wood off the ground. We use our grapple fork on the skid loader all the time to buck logs. Its nice not to bend over to saw and it helps keep the logs out of the dirt and makes chains stay sharper longer.

gasman1075

when I get a bigger tractor I will put a grapple on the front just for the ease of moving it around.

Thanks

Don P

I'm trying to visualize in my head and not sure if it works. If the bottom mount for the cylinder moved toward the tractor would you open further and still close? For slab piles and brush is what I'm thinking.
I want one for the skidsteer, that is sweet.

gasman1075

The cylinder only has about 6" of travel and the thumb itself is 28" I have a brush pile and will try it Saturday and take a picture. The simple hydraulics is what sold me.

Thank You Sponsors!