iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Little Rain

Started by Autocar, November 13, 2017, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Last night  it may have broke the camels back working on corn stubble and it was wet. I was hoping on pulling logs tomarrow but my better judgement says to forget it ! Farm ground it is packed down so hard every bit of the rain lays on top . This time of year it dosen't want to dry worth a darn. Sure can be a bummer sometimes  :D.
Bill

mills

Dang, hate to hear that for you. Not to be mean, but maybe you'll get lucky and it'll will freeze up fairly soon. (I hate cold weather. >:() We don't get very many days during the winter that freeze hard enough to get you through the bad spots. On Friday I pulled off the steep hill job I was working, and then we finally missed a rain. Could have hit for another week. :-\ Oh well, couple of baths, oil and filter changes, and I'll head out to work with some farmers on tiled bottom ground. Other than a few deep thawing days I can run most of the winter if the ground has been tiled.

Autocar

Freeze up seems like it dose't come here like it use to. When I was a young man January and Febuary it was blue bird days and wouldn't get above 15 degrees . Most of the ground around here it titled but they no till there crops and they only use about four inches of ground for planting. That turns to slim and your get in hot water with the landowners if you track it up. And before you know it your have ruts and once water is in them well I don't have to tell anyone about ruts and water form there it goes down hill  :D
Bill

mike_belben

Can you run a subsoiler through the mushy spots without hitting the drainage lines?  Ive had very good luck breaking up compaction to get surface water into the ground with a few slices.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!