iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What It Would Be To Be A Young Man Again

Started by Autocar, November 12, 2017, 01:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

This months issue of Loggers World there's job opportunity's on Prince of Wales Island Alaska for cutters and chocker setter's. Plus other logging jobs on the west coast. After logging on flat land all my life what a adventure it would be to cut on steep mountain sides and smell the pine trees every day. Life is all about the different experience's you have and the memories you take along the way. Know regrets but I like adventures  ;).
Bill

Firewoodjoe

Well said. I'm 30 and my life has been flipped up side down. I'm going to live the next 30+ for me, my life and kids. It's short and those 30 years flew by.

Autocar

Beenthere any tree that dosen't have leaves on them are pine trees to me  ;D
Bill

coxy

if you want to work steep come one over my way way less of a ride and I would even pay you  ;D

Autocar

My days of working steep ground is over with Iam afraid, tuff for me to work a full day on flat ground anymore. I will work till when I go to the woods work my limit and when I come home and wonder what I accomplish and realize it wasn't enough to give me a load for my tri axle. It blows my mind where all the years have gone  :o.
Bill

campwags

It's funny, I just read that ad a few days ago and thought the same thing.  :D

I have done many things, and I don't regret a one of them.  Professional Commercial Photographer, Six pack Captain on a charter sailboat in the Virgin Islands for a season, Then my wife at that time said I needed a real job, so I became a Radiographer (x-ray man) for 25 years till my "job was done away with." So much for job security!   ???
I was running a Pet Resort while working two 16 hour weekend shifts at the local hospital, So I took that full time and never looked back. Last year I got my TimberKing 2000 and have been loving life ever since.

But, my friends in Alaska love it up there!??   :P  8)  Never say never... :-X
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

coxy

Quote from: Autocar on November 14, 2017, 10:17:46 AM
My days of working steep ground is over with Iam afraid, tuff for me to work a full day on flat ground anymore. I will work till when I go to the woods work my limit and when I come home and wonder what I accomplish and realize it wasn't enough to give me a load for my tri axle. It blows my mind where all the years have gone  :o.
I use to brake my dads chops all the time mostly when hunting and walking he would always say these hills get steeper every year and I would tell your just getting lazier  :D  well I'm thinking hes right them hills do grow every year and some more than others  ;D

Corysansburn

Come on over here to the pacific NW And Alaska you had never seem such steep hills.

Grizzly

Too be young enough to show the young guys how its done! Now that I would enjoy. Having the boys suggest I step aside before I hurt myself kinda stings!!  :D

I've always wanted to go heavy hauling. Bringing heavy industrial products from Baltimore & Savannah to Western Canada. The 10 and 13 axle outfits. Oh well, I'll go back to dreaming.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

starmac

I know exactly what you mean Grizzly. I am not even old, but COPD has got me to the point even OLD guys push me out of the way.

I lived my whole life in get her done mode, it sucks royally having to depend on others now.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

LeeB

To be a young man again? Nah. Do I regret becoming an old man? Heck no. It beats the alternative. Over the last couple of years I've lost weight and improved my health and can do some things I thought were over for me but will gladly trade for having grand kids and the other benefits of getting older.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

teakwood

Excellent spirit LeeB! I try to enjoy every stage of life and make the best of it, no regrets. What would have been if??? That's a bad question and makes our mind wonder to much!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

LeeB

I really don't think I could survive my youth again. I don't know how I made it through the first go round.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I feel like I have earned the right to be old.  The journey has cost me much blood and pain. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

brianJ

To be young again?   I'll pass.   I wouldn't want to grow up with the [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] Show going on in our country rightnow.   

Would I like to get another five years of my middle age ?     Yeah I wood.   Seems only fair to get back some time the "Speed of life" has stolen from me.

petefrom bearswamp

Gettin old is not for sissies.
If I could have any decade back it would be my 50s, still pretty strong much wiser than before and could work the donkey off guys a couple of decades younger.
Now I feel pretty good and got tired yesterday sawing only 8 logs but still have at it when i feel the urge.
I second Magics sentiment on the pain and blood thing.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Abethetenacious

Repeatedly doing what they say can't be done certainly has its own satisfaction.it also comes at a very high price at times.so to ask the hard question how long is to long.i apologised while paying my insurance,i had just finished settling up at the mill and when I pulled out my wallet sawdust fell all-over the front of the desk.my friend of almost  a decade responded,never apologize for that in here.you see come this Christmas it will be 2 years since her husband got killed in the log woods.she told me they told h the funeral home said you don't want

Thank You Sponsors!