iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E 1450 charcoal build up solved

Started by Ih collector, January 06, 2018, 07:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ih collector

Lots of things can cause to much charcoal to build up in reaction chamber as in air flow, solenoids ,wood other things clogged up but when all is good i still had way to much build up down there so i welded a stainless grate 5/16" round stock by '' 8" long 3" wide that fits under the charge tube to hold coals from falling down to soon due to the hole enlarged in reaction chamber,its replaceable as its opening gets bigger over time with use as normal but i wanted to fix it buy not spending the 160+ to replace.  cant post pic will not let me sorry
Farmer,lineman,sawyer wood-mizer lt40

Roger2561

Quote from: Ih collector on January 06, 2018, 07:46:26 PM
Lots of things can cause to much charcoal to build up in reaction chamber as in air flow, solenoids ,wood other things clogged up but when all is good i still had way to much build up down there so i welded a stainless grate 5/16" round stock by '' 8" long 3" wide that fits under the charge tube to hold coals from falling down to soon due to the hole enlarged in reaction chamber,its replaceable as its opening gets bigger over time with use as normal but i wanted to fix it buy not spending the 160+ to replace.  cant post pic will not let me sorry

Ih Collector - Glad to see you found a solution and thanks for sharing your fix with us.  Roger
Roger

Thank You Sponsors!