You could make a drop latch like old elevators have. The end of the cable is
connected to this latch. If the cable breaks the latch engages a rack system
stopping the box car from falling.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Bruno of NH

Great new Thomas Bandmills now has a power up/down unit for my mill.
Heading to Maine this week to pick one up:)
The owner called me up and said it's very easy to hook it up.
Like I said I like my mill
I kind of have a chip on my shoulder about it because when I got it all my friends and family said you will never make a living with that.
Guess what I'm proving them all wrong:)
Just like when I started my carpentry business in 1984 they said he's to fat he won't last he's to this he's to that.
I ended up building comercial jobs with over 1.5 million budgets.
I'm going to have a milling business  :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

red

Just stay  out  of the Doctors Office
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Peter Drouin

That's the NH way, Never give up, Just think it out, and find the way.
smiley_clapping
Good for you. And good luck.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

I agree with Peter.  You da man Jim.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Gettem Bruno prove em wrong, I had a guy tell me when I got my sawmill that it was dumb and I'd never make anything happen and that did nothing but fuel my fire.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on November 13, 2017, 09:28:56 PM
Gettem Bruno prove em wrong, I had a guy tell me when I got my sawmill that it was dumb and I'd never make anything happen and that did nothing but fuel my fire.

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

starmac

When I bought my mill, it was sight unseen, infact it was a few months until spring breakup before I could pick it up, so it was a while before I laid eyes on it.
I naturally slipped my mind to tell my wife that we were the proud owners of a LT40, until I drug it home.
She didn't say a whole lot, but you could tell that she didn't think it was the brightest move I have ever made. lol
I sawed up a couple of old pieces of dunnage I had laying around, then had to go find a couple of logs, and by the time I had them sawed she had changed her mind. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

starmac, That's how it goes, Then she will see $$$ you will make, And when you want a bigger mill she will say OK honey. :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Don P

Like myself I'm sure a number of you have also been secretly looked over for the space program, and then you bought the mill and they realize that it would be a waste of just too much mental horsepower to go from that to driving a bus in space. So here we are, rocket scientists

starmac

Ah, but Peter, I do not even saw for hire or sell lumber. lol
She just thought it was a neat and fun hobby that I was going to enjoy, and probably figured she could get a board or 2 now and then.
Truth be told she probably figured that it was cheaper than my gun and reloading hobby. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Don P on November 13, 2017, 10:15:25 PM
Like myself I'm sure a number of you have also been secretly looked over for the space program, and then you bought the mill and they realize that it would be a waste of just too much mental horsepower to go from that to driving a bus in space. So here we are, rocket scientists

say_what
A&P saw Mill LLC.

rjwoelk

My father in law figured I was crazy to buy a mill and build a log cabin, said it would have been quicker to stick frame it, and I says yup maybe so but then you have only a stick framed building like every Ă²ne else, this is a work of art that will last.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

thechknhwk

Quote from: rjwoelk on November 14, 2017, 07:06:48 AM
My father in law figured I was crazy to buy a mill and build a log cabin, said it would have been quicker to stick frame it, and I says yup maybe so but then you have only a stick framed building like every Ă²ne else, this is a work of art that will last.

You guys are just a bunch of dreamers...  If you want to go to the moon you have to get the proper launch angle.

Bruno of NH

Today i installed the power up/down on my mill no more handle 8)
I went to Thomas Bandsaw Mills yesterday to pick it up.
Jon the owner treated me right on this I left with the up/down kit,two new log clamps,some slab rack brackets,a new band he worked with Lenox to design it has a profile like a turbo 7 and a new hat.
Got a tour of the shop and a new mill that will cut 48 inches wide all new design it looks great they are stepping it up :) :)
I look forward for a lot of new things to come in the future 

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Kbeitz

I think you'r going to like that...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thechknhwk

21incher

Looks like a great upgrade. You're going to need a helper to keep up with that mill now.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

GAB

Quote from: starmac on November 13, 2017, 11:03:41 PM
Ah, but Peter, I do not even saw for hire or sell lumber. lol
She just thought it was a neat and fun hobby that I was going to enjoy, and probably figured she could get a board or 2 now and then.
Truth be told she probably figured that it was cheaper than my gun and reloading hobby. lol

When you are running the mill she knows where you are and peace of mind is priceless.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

I think I saw that at the Bangor show. Knowing them,it is simple.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

TheCfarm
I think this one is a whole new design
Other than the noflex trac the head is all new

thecfarm

I still think I saw it. Maybe proto type? I also saw the same motor as an auto feed too. All the auto feed is,is a pneumatic tire,maybe 8 inch,that pivots against the bed rail.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Crossroads

Quote from: starmac on November 13, 2017, 09:40:18 PM
When I bought my mill, it was sight unseen, infact it was a few months until spring breakup before I could pick it up, so it was a while before I laid eyes on it.
I naturally slipped my mind to tell my wife that we were the proud owners of a LT40, until I drug it home.
She didn't say a whole lot, but you could tell that she didn't think it was the brightest move I have ever made. lol
I sawed up a couple of old pieces of dunnage I had laying around, then had to go find a couple of logs, and by the time I had them sawed she had changed her mind. lol
That's pretty funny! My wife has been by my side on the sawmill purchases. When I bought the lt30, she said "this won't be the last mill you buy"I thought she was crazy. 2 years later, she basically talked me into buying a new mill.
Sure sorry to see the broken hand, I hope it heels fast. I smashed my fingers this summer and it put me out of business for a month. I couldn't keep sawing since my day job had me back to work on light duty.
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

dgdrls

Looks dandy Jim,

Is it tied into the electric off the motor?

Hope that arm is better.

D

Thank You Sponsors!