iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fan

Started by coxy, November 11, 2017, 06:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

can you turn a fan around and have it still work  say if it was a pusher and you turned it around would it become a puller 

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ehp

if the blades are curved , if there straight it will just do the same thing , on my 230A I just turn the fan around and it works ok

Logger RK

On my 311 Hydro Ax with a 353 Deitroit in can

mburrow

Quote from: coxy on November 11, 2017, 06:59:08 AM
can you turn a fan around and have it still work

there are some fans that can be mounted from both sides

say if it was a pusher and you turned it around would it become a puller 

a pusher would still be a pusher, a puller would still be a puller.
to make a pusher to a puller would need to reverse direction of rotation or be able to change angle of blades. 

snowstorm

Quote from: mburrow on November 11, 2017, 09:46:57 AM
can you turn a fan around and have it still work

there are some fans that can be mounted from both sides

say if it was a pusher and you turned it around would it become a puller 

a pusher would still be a pusher, a puller would still be a puller.
to make a pusher to a puller would need to reverse direction of rotation or be able to change angle of blades.
and you are right

coxy

so if the motor is right hand rotation and put a left hand rotation fan on it will still be ok I don't care if its a pusher or puller as long as it cools it long enough to load 300k ft of logs  I cant wait till spring and this truck gets melted down and becomes a VW bug 8) 8) I see why Detroit is going  extinct  like the dinosaurs   :D cant find parts and when you do there is 30 different applications that wont interchange >:(   

mike_belben

Curved blade can be a pusher or puller based on rotation only without changing location.  At skidder speeds youll be fine blowing forward.  If it runs a little hot put a few drops of dawn in the radiator and let it idle to shed some heat now and then.

Obviously the core cant be a 3" brick of adobe.
Praise The Lord

coxy

its a 671 in my log truck only need to move the logs a few miles down the road and load trailers this winter after that its a VW bug for its after life  :)  mike we run snuggle laundry detergent in all our derby cars they don't seem to boil over in less the hose gets broke

dnash

What's the science behind the fabric softener? Never heard of it before.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

coxy

makes the boil point way high if you can get it that hot    just like the tire beads we run windshield glass glue its almost impossible to brake the bead after putting it on

mike_belben

any sort of soap will reduce the surface tension and let the boundary layer of molecules slide along better, rather than just be stuck in place.  Boundary layer is sort of like a blanket over all the metal surfaces.  Molecules have a bond to each other and must be sheared apart.  Each one transfers heat to the other one.  The center of the conduit has the highest rate of flow. 

Boiling point is a function of system relief pressure.   You will get more heat out of the engine and into the radiator which can look like youre running hotter.

You scrapping the engine or the truck?
Praise The Lord

coxy

mike_belben

I dont think ive ever seen a log truck get scrapped. Certainly not a log loader, ever.   Only one ever came in was from a total loss fire.
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

You might see if arthur trovei in port jervis will do you better than scrap.  He exports stuff like that, nice guy.
Praise The Lord

coxy

I may keep the loader if I can find a decent truck to put it on other wise ill get another truck with a newer loader there has been a lot on cl around for 25-50k  I can swing a truck 25-35k with out a loan but after that I only want to do a year loan ill know more  how the other truck works if not I may have to bite the bullet sooner but would be better later  ;D  most of his trucks don't have a title and the ones he has title for is way to much for what they are he is only 45min from me go there at least 1 a month a few years back he had a nice ford ltl double frame 18ft l with a 3208 in single axle for cheap but no title I need it to be at least road legal for plates don't care about anything else 

Maine logger88

Does it have a governor for running the loader like a high idle kit or a variable speed? If it does and you do end up scrapping it vs selling it I may be interested in buying the governor set up. We have a few of those old drip troits around...
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

coxy

nothing it runs at an idle and never had anything it wont pick up the loader is an old 110 so high idle don't make it go any faster its slow no matter what and I would hate to listen to that thing at 12-1500 rmp what did you say  :D the old 9500 gmc had a electric controlled gov on the 8v71 at 1800 rpm  and never seemed to run any faster but it shur made it some jerky

mike_belben

No no, i was saying sell him the junk truck.. With a log loader id expect you can get better than scrap
Praise The Lord

coxy

why didn't you say that the first time  ;D

mike_belben

I did.  Ya musta had the wifes readin glasses on again.. The ones that convert everything to mean the opposite of what ya said! 

(;D
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!