iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Makita 2516N Timber Router Bits

Started by Stuart Caruk, November 09, 2017, 02:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Caruk

I'm looking for a source that I can buy some new bits for my Makita Timber Router. It's a model 2516N. I'm looking for the straight bit and the dovetailed bit. They both have 16mm shanks with an odd hole bored into them. Any ideas?

Thanks,  Stu

Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Kel-Kat

Were you able to source router bits for your machine?   I recently bought one and would like to get new and spare cutters.

Thank you,

Scott

Tom King

There are quite a number of places that make custom router bits.  Whiteside used to make singles, but now only make runs of 6 each. There is a place right down the road from them that makes singles now.  I forget the name, but can find it if you need.

kantuckid

I just finished a 2x6, T&G job using a 1/2 router set I designed and drew up and had them custom made around 2003-4. The company advertised in Fine Woodworking at that time. My set has done around 5 to 6,000BF and still very sharp.
Their name's on my 2 plastic bit containers-I'll look when I'm at the shop. Maybe still around?
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

StephenT

Recently purchased Makita 2516N timber framing router I'm looking for router bits both straight and dovetail the issue appears to be the size of the shank it is 16mm any suggestions who might stock them? Thanks 

StephenT

Yes they are thank you very much. Been searching the internet for these!
Much appreciated

Thank You Sponsors!