iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 2 and 1 Sharpener

Started by 123maxbars, November 08, 2017, 03:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

After years of mixed results I was introduced to the Stihl 2 and 1 Chainsaw sharpener. After the first use my dull chain now cuts with factory sharp accuracy. Made a short video showing the tool. Hope this helps some of you that struggle with sharpening your saws. Any other members using this tool for sharpening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96HAcpMXyM
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

RKnee68

I got mine last week, WOW what a difference.  Been running around for all the old chains.  New life
Always learning,

Jesper Jepsen

I have one with me when working in the forest if I need to sharpen a chain, normally I just change to another chain. I feel that it can be a little too aggressive on the rakers so it make the chain take a big chip but it sure is a nice and easy way to sharpen your chain.

johnny newburgh

Do not want to be negative here but why are you using 30" bar cutting up logs? Looks like you where catching tip in the ground and that will dull you chains out hopefully it was just for demonstration of chain. I would also think it would be too aggressive on rakers but it is worth a shot. when I use a regular file I try to keep angle with mark on chain and also look at groove in chain where file sits and you should see a shiny clean cut where file went through. And it generally only takes 3-4 strokes unless you hit something like a rock and you need to go deeper to restore surface of cutting edge. Thanks for video

Thank You Sponsors!