iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JD 110 Hyd Pump crashed

Started by Qweaver, November 08, 2017, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Front loader quit working and big grating noise started coming from the front of the tractor.  I shut it down immediately and I'm guessing the Hyd pump is gone.  I don't even know where it's located.  I replaced one on my old Ford and it was easy.   Any hints where I should start looking?  I guess it's time to buy a manual. There go the profits from the $1000 saw job I just finished.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

DanG

I had a similar incident with my Cat backhoe. It turned out to be the coupling between the engine and the pump. The screw that clamps the coupling around the shaft had come loose and it ground all the splines out of the coupling.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dave Shepard

You've mentored having problems with the coupling before on this tractor. Isn't the pump run off the front of the crank?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Qweaver

Yeah DanG, I had that happen on my old Ford backhoe too.  I hope it is something like that this time also.  But I will not be able to work on it until Monday.  My Kubota  will see me thru until then but I can't lift the big logs with it.  I wish I had a workshop manual.  It might save me a lot of time if I knew exactly how to do it.

Quinton

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Qweaver

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 08, 2017, 03:49:59 PM
You've mentored having problems with the coupling before on this tractor. Isn't the pump run off the front of the crank?
How in the world  did you remember that Dave.  I had forgotten it.   This is the second time.  It is a sintered splined hub  and probably designed as the weak spot to fail before the pump splines.  $76  and had to be ordered.  I sure hope the pump splines are OK.  I remember that it was not an easy job to replace it.

Qweaver

My diesel mechanic cousin showed me the easy way to do this repair and it went very quick and well.  I put a spare on the shelf just in case it happens again. 

Thank You Sponsors!