iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Identify what model heatmaster?

Started by Justify008, November 06, 2017, 07:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justify008

Can anyone identify this heat master boiler by the picture. I'm going to look at it in a couple days. Trying to figure out the weight?  Asked the owner he hasn't gotten back to me yet. It has a water leak by the door are these known for leaking in a certain spot? Think it's rotted or just cracked?

LAZERDAN

Yep:  That's a 434,  If the leak is by the door, the water had boiled and caused a hole to erode.  I welded up mine 5 yrs ago.  No problem with leaks or cracks, built very well.  Any good welder can repair.  Beware the door area is double walled, my leak was in the inner wall.       That burner, is not a boiler, it only heats the water, but in this case it was boiling, most likely bad door seal or heavy loading by the door.     Lazerdan

Justify008

So it's a wood master? The guy advertised it as heat master. Any idea on weight? I'm going to try calling woodmaster see if they have old specs. Or an owners manual.

Quote from: LAZERDAN on November 06, 2017, 08:53:56 AM
Yep:  That's a 434,  If the leak is by the door, the water had boiled and caused a hole to erode.  I welded up mine 5 yrs ago.  No problem with leaks or cracks, built very well.  Any good welder can repair.  Beware the door area is double walled, my leak was in the inner wall.       That burner, is not a boiler, it only heats the water, but in this case it was boiling, most likely bad door seal or heavy loading by the door.     Lazerdan

E Yoder

Definitely a Woodmaster. 1/4" Mild steel (heavy), my dad burned one for quite a few years. Door jamb got thin from condensation. Check that and pull the roof and check for corrosion around the chimney, it can get wet there if the silicone leaks. Scrape the inside of the firebox at the ash line. You mentioned a leak near the door, a crack on the door jamb on the outside is easily welded, a thin door jamb is more involved..
All in all a simple solid unit. Not saying you'll see the things I mentioned, just things I've seen a few times.
Just check it out carefully.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Justify008

Well She's home. 200 miles and $300 dollars later. Seems to be in okay condition. I'm the third owner. The first owner welded well casing for the chimney so that must of rusted out.

Above the door where the leak is supposedly coming from only clean spot inside

Thank You Sponsors!