iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Pole barn

Started by aburnette165, November 05, 2017, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aburnette165

Just had this put up for the new mill. Now time to get busy.

Florida boy

What's the size on that nice looking barn you got there?

aburnette165

Its a 40x36 12 foot at the eves.

xlogger

I've been thinking about adding a shed like that also. Each year I keep saying I'm not doing anymore at my age but what the heck. I've look at Builder Discount and they have kits like you have, by chance is that where you got yours? If so are you happy with the materials?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

aburnette165

No I got mine out up from a company in Mississippi. They installed it and everything for $4800. Pretty happy will it.

xlogger

That's a good deal, wonder if they would like to come to NC :)
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Peter Drouin

Nice, your lucky you have no snow. Up here it would have to be heavy red Iron to keep the snow from flattening the thing.  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SlowJoeCrow

You can certainly get away with a lot less down south I guess.  Will you put knee bracing on those posts?

Alligator

Quote from: SlowJoeCrow on November 07, 2017, 08:21:56 AM
You can certainly get away with a lot less down south I guess.  Will you put knee bracing on those posts?

It doesn't need them. Every farm in south Alabama and Georgia has them just like this.
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

Alligator

Florida Boy - You ever hear of this guy? Great guy over DeFuniak Springs, Fl. - Jordan Trusses
If you are looking for a pole barn, he had the best prices when I shopped a couple of years ago
https://jordantruss.com/
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

Florida boy

Yeah I actually talked to him a while back when I was shopping around for pole barn trusses but decided to go with Marianna truss because they built their trusses from 1.5" square  tubing instead of angle. They cost a little more but they are rated for 160mph winds. Check out my pole barn build named pole barn / sawmill shed build.

Thank You Sponsors!