iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 belts

Started by Qweaver, November 05, 2017, 06:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I just changed my LT28 belts and I noted a change in the fit of the B 27 blade wheel belt.  The use of OEM Woodmizer belts was highly recommended and I always wondered why they seemed to fit so so loose.  The WM B57 fit really snug this time.  Can I just buy the B57 from my local parts store now?
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

WV Sawmiller

Quinton,

I think you can buy B57 belts from any belt dealer. I had always been told the WM belts had a flat vs crowned surface to grip the bands better.

My experience with WM is typical spare parts are very competitively priced and delivery is prompt so price has never been a driving force to look elsewhere for me.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I agree.  I have never been compelled to buy "automotive" designed belts when Wood-Mizer's B57 "flat top" belts are designed and manufactured to their specifications for use as bandwheel belts.  Order a couple of extras when you order any other parts, etc.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

irvi00

I know that Goodyear b57 belts will work. Used them for a few days before my WM belts came in. But as magician said, the cost is negilabe and WM delivers fast.

Chuck White

I've found that the big difference in cost is the SHIPPING from Wood-Mizer!

I always get a pair or two when ordering blades or other sawmill parts!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!