iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone one else have problems logging in yesterday?

Started by Kbeitz, November 05, 2017, 06:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Anyone one else have problems logging in yesterday? I could not connect...
No problems anywhere else Just here.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Maybe around 8:30 last night. Was only for a few minutes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Not yesterday, I was out most of the day!

I have gotten that message in the past, I think the management may have been working on the site!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

bigred1951

Been having that happen a lot. Usually wait awhile then all is fine

coxy

I have that almost every day around noon and evenings  I'm glad its just not me

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

47sawdust

It's kinda like,you know there's a party going on but you don't know where.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

paul case

I often have a hard time finding the on ramp to the information super highway.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

In the last month we have been getting hammered with exploitation attempts. What happens is that the mysql connections peak and the server basically is holding its breath. As soon as I see it, I restart the server which takes about 5 seconds and all is well until the next barrage.  Problem is unless I am setting here 24 seven, I don't know its happening until I to can't get on.   

We are in need of a bigger badder server that can beat back the badguys without so much input from me., and hopefully in the new year I can make that happen. Its not a pleasant experience moving the forum and all its associated files to a new server. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I'm going to do a hard reboot right now to see if we can gain some used memory.  the server will go down for about 5 minutes

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

A couple weeks ago it was down all day, a couple days in a row. I couldn't get on until mid afternoon, and the latest posts were from about 6:00 AM.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Took the server down for a reboot and it didn't want to restart. Had to have a tech physically walk out to it where it lives on a server farm in Dallas to kick it. :D   They are doing an evaluation to see where we are at on the health and welfare of the main server (we run 3)  and give recommendations on what to do to soup it up, or start the moving process if necessary this new year.

Jeff

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 06, 2017, 09:03:13 AM
A couple weeks ago it was down all day, a couple days in a row. I couldn't get on until mid afternoon, and the latest posts were from about 6:00 AM.

Yea, I was gone, and nobody told me it was down.  This morning I got a text from raider bill as a headsup but was already on it and it was my fault it was down from the reboot.

coxy

I can see the head lines of the papers all across   the US thousands of people go in to rehab  because of this new drug called the forestry forum  because its no longer available :o :D  we cant have that happen   :)

Andries

Thanks for your good work Jeff!
It was down a couple of times for me too - not a biggie.
;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!