iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl pull cord wont retract

Started by moose207, November 04, 2017, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose207

So cutting today i noticed my pull cord was laying along my sidecase. I shut down the saw and tried to pull it slowly to see if the spring would catch and pull it back in.. Nope, now i have like a foot of cord hanging from my saw.
It looks like i can pull the recoil unit off and figure out what went wrong. Is there any reason why i couldnt repain this my self? Im mechanically inclined so im used to this type of repair but this is my first saw (ms270 btw).
Ms270c (18"bar), ms440 (18" bar)

ladylake

By a means fix it yourself, they aren't too complicated . Sounds like the spring broke.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Don P

I got an aftermarket starter cover for an 034  after a couple of short lived fixes on my oem one. It was a little heavier, cast alum vs plastic, but seemed to be better than original;
http://www.hlsproparts.com/category-s/278.htm

moose207

$2 fix after i got the side off. Not exactly sure whats going on but nothing is broken. Put a new cord on because the old was about 3 pulls away from snaping.
Ms270c (18"bar), ms440 (18" bar)

Thank You Sponsors!