iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E2300 digital temp controller

Started by firechief, January 13, 2018, 05:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firechief

Hey all, just went out to check on boiler a bit ago and noticed my digital temperature controller readout was reading three 000's and beeping every second. Tried setting boiler temperature higher but fan will not even kick on no matter what I do. Tried turning off and back on but no go. Had to shut down and back on natural gas furnace for now. Have had boiler since 2009 no issues such as this yet. Could be my controller is shot. Any thoughts ?
Thank you.

stratford 50

firechief

Stratford thank you for the reply. I will check that today. That very well be it, earlier this season I drained some water trying to get my water quality to where it should be. Maybe I did not add enough back and it's finally caught up. My manual doesn't state anything about a low water level alarm in my unit. It does mention about the digital readout showing LO on the duel fuel model which I don't have. I will check today.

firechief

Well the water level looks full to where it should be on the according to the gauge.

stratford 50

The dipper on the water level sensor can break off and will cause an alarm, happened to my friends e-2300, disconnect the wire from the water level sensor to see if the alarm stops, 

firechief

Thank you. I will see if I can find.

firechief

Stratford thank you for the suggestion but disconnecting the low water sensor wire didn't seem to fix it. Even tried disconnecting the water temperature wire separately but that didn't work either. Have to pick the brain of my dealer tomorrow. Thank you.

boilerman101

Yes, sounds like a failed low water sensor. The sensor makes a continuity curcuit so you can't just unplug it. You would need to jump it out on the harnness side.

firechief

Thanks boilerman. So I unplugged the plastic connector with the wire within plus disconnected the wire from the digital temperature controller and was still getting the alarm. I'm afraid I don't know enough to jump it.

boilerman101

Turn off power to the furnace. Plug sensor to harness connectors back together cut and strip wires near the sensor and wire nut them together on the harness side. that will complete circuit and furnace should run until you get a replacement low water sensor float.

firechief

Thank you boilerman. So it looks like the sensor has two white wires going to it. To complete the circuit just cut, strip, and nut together to bypass the sensor ?

firechief

Stratford and Boilerman:
Thank you for your help and expertise. It was a faulty low water sensor. Bypassed the circuit and she fired up. Was only down to 160 in 3 days. I imagine I'll keep it bypassed until the season is over before I replace sensor. Much appreciated.

Thank You Sponsors!