iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

Started by Savannahdan, November 02, 2017, 09:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savannahdan

Here's the site to check on Kidde Fire Extinguishers being recalled:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

It has a link to Kidde's site where you enter information about any fire extinguishers you have.  If they are included in the recall Kidde will send you a replacement and tell you what to do with the recalled unit.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

Thank You Dan, I had two recalls so far.  One here at home, one in the RV, and I have not even checked the Cabin yet.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

I had only one that I could find subject to this recall.  In reviewing what we have I realize I need to get a somewhat smaller extinguisher my wife can handle.  The one on the recall list will be shifted to the area where she needs one.  Glad the information helped you.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Chuck White

I keep telling friends and relatives that the best place to keep a fire extinguisher in the house, is in the bedroom!

Reason being, if a fire breaks out in the middle of the night, you'll have immediate access to the fire extinguisher and not have to get past a fire to get to it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

21incher

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked all of mine and the one in my shop was recalled. Filled in the info online and they will be sending out a new one. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

I sent three in and now I get an email saying that one needs to be resubmitted, but which one?  I resubmitted them all so now I'll probably get a bag of switches......or nothing   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

so if i read this right its only the ones with the plastic tops not the metal top 10lb ones

Chuck White

Plastic handles is what the guy a KIDDE told me!

I have a 3 pounder and a 5 pounder that I have to take out of service when the new ones arrive!

Don't know if I have to send the old ones in or just discharge them, or what!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Savannahdan

Got my new extinguisher today and the only difference I could tell was there is a metal pin on the new one versus the plastic pin on the old one.  They included a FedEx label to return the old extinguisher to them.  They'll probably pull the old plastic pin, replace it with a metal pin, put it in a new box and ship to the store for resale.  MagicMan, you'll probably get a bag full of plastic pins. :D

Chuck White

Did they have you discharge the extinguishers before shipping them back?

I kind of thought they might to minimize the shipping weight!

Savannahdan

No, they didn't have me discharge it.  Funny that the product box with the new extinguisher showed the plastic pin.

Thank You Sponsors!