iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lyme disease treatment

Started by plantman, November 02, 2017, 08:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plantman

Since Lyme disease is such a prevalent concern and something that in many cases isn't easily cured I just had to share this. I'm hoping to hear other people's alternative therapies as well.
Ok, so I have a cousin with Lyme, he got it over 5 years ago, got antibiotic treatment and was told he was cured. But apparently not because he experienced joint pain afterwards. Apparently he didn't think his joint pain was caused by the Lyme so he didn't seek treatment. Anyway, this goes on for 5 years until he goes out deep sea fishing and catches a sea robin fish. The sea robin is a poisonous fish and he accidentally gets stung by the fish in his thumb. So then he sucks on his thumb (my cousin is not too smart. LOL) and then his mouth got inflamed. But the remarkable thing was that his joint pain goes away. He goes to the doctor where they tell him his mouth is inflamed because of the fish poison but they also tell him he has lyme disease and apparently the fish poison must have stimulated his immune system to fight the lyme disease. But they put him on doxycycline which he takes for about a year because each time he goes off it the joint pain comes back. Ultimately he decides that the antibiotic is not curing the Lyme and decides to stop taking it. He then decides that the fish poison seemed to help with his joint pain so he goes out and catches another sea robin and intentionally poisons himself with the fish by scraping the poison off the scales, straining it in a coffee filter, and then putting some in his mouth ! Yeah, I said yikes too ! But the thing is that it's really helping with his joint pain so apparently it's stimulating his immune system to fight the Lyme.
I also know someone who was on antibiotics and afterwards went to a holistic doctor who prescribed intravenous glutathione injections that she claims helped tremendously. Glutathione is supposed to be very safe but not very effective when taken in a pill form so if you want to try it, go get a injection.

Brian_Rhoad

Lyme disease will always show up in a blood test once you have it. The joint pain may or may not be from Lyme. Some medications cause joint pain.

plantman

Quote from: Brian_Rhoad on November 02, 2017, 10:27:46 AM
Lyme disease will always show up in a blood test once you have it. The joint pain may or may not be from Lyme. Some medications cause joint pain.

From what I've been told Lyme disease can cause permanent damage that causes pain but I've also heard people who use treatments like the glutathione after antibiotics and that gets rid of the pain and lyme symptoms. I'm not pretending to be any kind of expert here obviously. I'm just looking for other people's experiences and hopefully pass on things that might help them.

doctorb

Lyme Disease can masquerade as many things, and the symptoms / disease can last a long time.

Using the toxin in a sea robin to treat Lyme's Disease is interesting, but a bit over the top.  Most of this is immune system medicated.  We are not sure if we cure all Lyme's Disease or not.  If the antibiotics prevent unbearable symptoms, take them..  Stay away from sea robins.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

plantman

If you go on the internet or even ask your doctor you will find that there are doctors prescribing bee sting therapy for people with immune system disorders like MS. It seems the bee stings are stimulating the immune system to fight. This immuno-therapy has actually been around for a long time and in countries where pharmaceuticals are not affordable or available people practice holistic medicine that incorporates immuno-therapy.
While I'm not telling anyone to go out and lick of poison fish I am saying that many people with conditions like chronic Lyme disease need to not give up just because they've gone the pharmaceutical route. My cousin is friends with a girl whose life is severely effected by chronic lyme and she is ready to try this fish poison.
There are many support groups for people with Lyme and perhaps that's a good place to start comparing notes and see what other people's experiences are.

Chuck White

I haven't had any recurrence of symptoms since I finished the 21 days of antibiotics!

When I first went to the doctors, I had all the classic symptoms of the FLU, 103° fever for 3 days, achy joints, loss of appetite and all!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don P

I think mine cleared up as well... knock on wood. When I went in for the shoulder surgery the nurse was wondering why my knuckles were peeling... Doxy sunburn  :D

My wife had recurrent lyme. They misdiagnosed her bout with lyme initially so it got into her pretty good before they started annie B's. The first doc just put her in a neck donut cause she was complaining of neck pain  ::). When that didn't get it they dug deeper, found lyme and ran ... tetracycline, I think, then a course of doxy. About a year later the symptoms returned. Many doctors do not believe in recurrent lyme and I think we tend to call several tick borne illnesses lyme. I don't care much about the label, my wife was sick, so we found a doc who had personal experience with lyme. She ended up on 3 antibiotics and several support drugs and enzymes that attack all stages of the bug. She took all kinds of probiotics, yogurt and fermented foods to keep her gut strong, it worked.

plantman

Quote from: Don P on November 03, 2017, 08:26:36 AM
I think mine cleared up as well... knock on wood. When I went in for the shoulder surgery the nurse was wondering why my knuckles were peeling... Doxy sunburn  :D

My wife had recurrent lyme. They misdiagnosed her bout with lyme initially so it got into her pretty good before they started annie B's. The first doc just put her in a neck donut cause she was complaining of neck pain  ::). When that didn't get it they dug deeper, found lyme and ran ... tetracycline, I think, then a course of doxy. About a year later the symptoms returned. Many doctors do not believe in recurrent lyme and I think we tend to call several tick borne illnesses lyme. I don't care much about the label, my wife was sick, so we found a doc who had personal experience with lyme. She ended up on 3 antibiotics and several support drugs and enzymes that attack all stages of the bug. She took all kinds of probiotics, yogurt and fermented foods to keep her gut strong, it worked.

Could you provide details because I'd like to pass them on to other people who have recurring lyme ?

Don P

As I think about it, it worked but... I don't think it was proper medicine. That same doc has treated 2 other friends differently. We are apparently part of one doc's experimentation. It's on a higher level than a poke in the eye with a sea robin but sort of the same thing. Is there somewhere where they are doing serious research on this?

coxy

is a blot test the same as a reg blood test or something else

Don P

I'm not sure coxy, hopefully someone will chime in.
I think it was you that made the comment that we never get rid of it, we just knock it back to a tolerable level. I tend to agree.

I got Michelle's list and we talked a little more, she has a different take on my skepticism. One friend could not tolerate some of the drugs the other presented different recurrent symptoms.  The doc tailored their meds to them. The doc said it can live in us intracellularly, intercellularly or in a protected, tough, cyst form. This is all anecdotal, it isn't a recipe, just more info. I think this level of drugs would have me pushing up daisies, go carefully.

Biaxin  1@2x/day, attack's intracellular bacteria or intercellular... I get them mixed up.
Tindimax 1@2x/day on 3 days off 4, goes after cyst form, hit it kill that, let more come out and hit it again.
Plaqueril 1@2x/day, attacks intra or inter
Nystain 2@2x/day, gut bacteria protection
Seripeptase 1@2x/day, an enzyme that makes things work better

Yogurt till you moo and anything with live good bacteria you can get.
The doc is in Blacksburg, VA. PM if you need contact info.

petefrom bearswamp

There was a vaccine back in the nineties which I got, but it either got pulled or the supply ran out.
I read recently that 2 pharma companies made it but stopped because it wasn't cost effective.
Seems to me that Lyme is much more prevalent now than then.
Maybe more vaccines will be forthcoming.
I have had one deer tick embedded 2 years ago, but got it out the same day.
No ill effects, maybe cause of the vaccine
My son also had the same experience 2 weeks ago.  Maybe got it in time
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

plantman

Quote from: Don P on November 04, 2017, 08:20:56 AM
I'm not sure coxy, hopefully someone will chime in.
I think it was you that made the comment that we never get rid of it, we just knock it back to a tolerable level. I tend to agree.

I got Michelle's list and we talked a little more, she has a different take on my skepticism. One friend could not tolerate some of the drugs the other presented different recurrent symptoms.  The doc tailored their meds to them. The doc said it can live in us intracellularly, intercellularly or in a protected, tough, cyst form. This is all anecdotal, it isn't a recipe, just more info. I think this level of drugs would have me pushing up daisies, go carefully.

Biaxin  1@2x/day, attack's intracellular bacteria or intercellular... I get them mixed up.
Tindimax 1@2x/day on 3 days off 4, goes after cyst form, hit it kill that, let more come out and hit it again.
Plaqueril 1@2x/day, attacks intra or inter
Nystain 2@2x/day, gut bacteria protection
Seripeptase 1@2x/day, an enzyme that makes things work better

Yogurt till you moo and anything with live good bacteria you can get.
The doc is in Blacksburg, VA. PM if you need contact info.

Thanks for all that. I will pass it on. As I stated the most encouraging safe effective treatment I've heard was the use of intravenous glutathione injections after antibiotics. Perhaps your wife's doctor has an opinion on that ?

doctorb

The Lyme vaccine was very interesting, but only about 60% effective.  I, too, had the vaccine.  I believe it was the first vaccine to kill the infecting bacteria in the vector which transmitted the disease, and not inside your own body.  Here's what that means....Most vaccines gear up your immune system to fight an invading organism.  The vaccine stimulates your immune system, sometimes by recognizing a similar but less active bacteria, sometimes by recognizing a dead bacteria, so that the next time your body encounters it, your body's ready to fight it.  This vaccine worked differently.  The immune response from your body, after taking the vaccine, left immunoglobulins in your blood, which were sucked up into the tick's stomach when it bit you.  It was in the ticks stomach that the vaccine went to work, killing the Lyme's bacteria.  Unfortunately, the vaccine required repeated boosting, was not terribly effective, and was quite expensive.  The company couldn't make any $ on it, so it was discontinued. 

That's all from my recollection.  If you guys have further questions bout the vaccine, I'll do the research.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

69bronco

Quote from: coxy on November 04, 2017, 07:25:29 AM
is a blot test the same as a reg blood test or something else
I read on that the blot test is wrong 60% of the time. I finished 3 weeks of Doxy back in August, my elbows and shoulders still ache like a toothache.  :-\

plantman

Quote from: doctorb on November 06, 2017, 10:39:36 PM
The Lyme vaccine was very interesting, but only about 60% effective.  I, too, had the vaccine.  I believe it was the first vaccine to kill the infecting bacteria in the vector which transmitted the disease, and not inside your own body.  Here's what that means....Most vaccines gear up your immune system to fight an invading organism.  The vaccine stimulates your immune system, sometimes by recognizing a similar but less active bacteria, sometimes by recognizing a dead bacteria, so that the next time your body encounters it, your body's ready to fight it.  This vaccine worked differently.  The immune response from your body, after taking the vaccine, left immunoglobulins in your blood, which were sucked up into the tick's stomach when it bit you.  It was in the ticks stomach that the vaccine went to work, killing the Lyme's bacteria.  Unfortunately, the vaccine required repeated boosting, was not terribly effective, and was quite expensive.  The company couldn't make any $ on it, so it was discontinued. 

That's all from my recollection.  If you guys have further questions bout the vaccine, I'll do the research.

Thanks Doc. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Do you have an opinion on intravenous injections of glutathione ?

coxy

yes thanks Doc  I cant remember the name of the test I got the last time but it was 900$ I had to pay out of pocket but it told me every thing   that's when they found out  I had double lyme and the levels where way high  after taking double the doxy for a month went back for the same test    lyme levels where good but my sugar levels where so high they wanted to put me on insulin :o    waited another month got tested again and every thing was fine     the Doc thinks the doxy made my sugar go haywire and 2700$ later  now I have to do that same stuff all over again      starting to feel like crap    head ach no motivation tired all the time and my shoulder hurts like hell again same as last time errrr

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks Doc,
My primary care doc who has since retired didnt mention any boosters so in that i got the vaccination 20 yrs ago I guess I am now at risk.
Seems that with the disease on the rise pharma cos could develop a good vaccine and make a profit.
My insurance paid for it back then.
I have a friend who contracted 2 diseases from a tick about 3 yrs ago, babsiosis and i cant remember the other one, but they were very debilitating.
Seems like tick borne diseases are on the rise..

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

plantman

Anyone have experience with colloidal silver. Apparently it's a safe effective antibiotic. A doctor friend of mine uses it and says it works well topically. Might work well internally for lyme as well ?

Gary_C

Here from Wikipedia is the rest of the story about the Lyme vaccine.

Vaccination
A recombinant vaccine against Lyme disease, based on the outer surface protein A (ospA) of B. burgdorferi, was developed by SmithKline Beecham. In clinical trials involving more than 10,000 people, the vaccine, called LYMErix, was found to confer protective immunity to Borrelia in 76% of adults and 100% of children with only mild or moderate and transient adverse effects. LYMErix was approved on the basis of these trials by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on 21 December 1998.
Following approval of the vaccine, its entry in clinical practice was slow for a variety of reasons, including its cost, which was often not reimbursed by insurance companies. Subsequently, hundreds of vaccine recipients reported they had developed autoimmune and other side effects. Supported by some patient advocacy groups, a number of class-action lawsuits were filed against GlaxoSmithKline, alleging the vaccine had caused these health problems. These claims were investigated by the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control, which found no connection between the vaccine and the autoimmune complaints.
Despite the lack of evidence that the complaints were caused by the vaccine, sales plummeted and LYMErix was withdrawn from the U.S. market by GlaxoSmithKline in February 2002, in the setting of negative media coverage and fears of vaccine side effects. The fate of LYMErix was described in the medical literature as a "cautionary tale"; an editorial in Nature cited the withdrawal of LYMErix as an instance in which "unfounded public fears place pressures on vaccine developers that go beyond reasonable safety considerations." The original developer of the OspA vaccine at the Max Planck Institute told Nature: "This just shows how irrational the world can be... There was no scientific justification for the first OspA vaccine LYMErix being pulled."
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

doctorb

Silver ions have been used as a topical treatment for wounds and infections.  Most commonly in the form of Silvadene, which is supplied in a cream form, and is still widely used on burn wounds today.  The body has small amounts of all kinds of metal ions running around in it, many of which are helpful in certain reactions.  However, I've never heard of silver being injected IM or IV, as I'll bet it can be either locally or systemically toxic if overused.  I don't think you can necessarily make the seemingly logical leap that if something works as an antibacterial outside the body, it is necessarily good for you when injected.

doctorb

Plantman - I have no opinion regarding injectable glutathione.  The only time I've personally run across it is in trying to lessen the side effects of chemotherapy.  As in many instances these days, when a compound  / antioxidant is widespread both in the body and the marketplace, it is often pitched as a cure-all.  I'm neither pro or con here, and any further opinion about the subject from me would be uneducated.

plantman

The best most informative video I've ever seen. There are cures for your lyme but it's not simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZu0wEOFVM8

69bronco

Thank you for posting that video Plantman!

Thank You Sponsors!