iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler 4436 question

Started by JB Husky, October 30, 2017, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Husky

I bought a second hand CB 4436 and I'm confused about my digital display. I'm getting swings of 10-15 degrees on the display as I open and close the door. In the past on an OWB that I built I was using a Ranco aquastat and there was very little change in the temperature. I'm wondering how accurate the factory display is. Any thoughts? I have a thermowell plumbed into my piping at the stove so I could go back to the Ranco but it's a bit of a hassle since I just re-wired the stove using the factory stat. Thanks in advance!
455 Rancher
562 xP
Stihl 460
Echo 750 EVL
Antique Brave splitter

boilerman101

Does that model have an adjustable controller or can't you make set point adjustments?

JB Husky

455 Rancher
562 xP
Stihl 460
Echo 750 EVL
Antique Brave splitter

E Yoder

Where is it sensing temperature? Is there any possible way it can be affected by the return water from the house?
Is the probe seated all the way in the dry well?
Just brainstorming ..
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

boilerman101

JB, if non adjustable what you have in that older 4436 is a readout only water temp display with sensor screwed directly into a water jacket bung. You also have a separate fixed aqauastat that opens and closes the damper solenoid that is screwed into a separate bung in the waterjacket. Both componants may have different tolerances so there could be some variances. If numbers get erratic when opening and closing door, I'd check for loose connections on those componants. I think in 2003 CB went to adjustable controllers.

Thank You Sponsors!