iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 353 leak

Started by dohn.silvaniuk@, October 31, 2017, 09:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dohn.silvaniuk@

my 353 always leaks chain oil while sitting  any tips?

dougand3

When done, loosen oil cap and re-tighten to relieve pressure.
Make sure oil cap o-ring damage isn't the leak source.
Put saw on a towel - lotsa saws ooze oil.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

AlaskaLes

My 353 has recently been doing the same.
I was thinking of looking for some worn part or seal that's now letting it piddle where it parks.

It's been an absolute workhorse since 2007 and is now my wife's go to saw with the 20" bar on it.
I'd like to solve this leak issue too...I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

John Mc

This saw and it's sister saw, the Jonsered 2152 have had some problems with this, as has the Husky 346XP.  HEre's a video explaining how to repair one source of the leaking on these saws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nnMriFIwGyw
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

AlaskaLes

Cool!!
That sounds like a good repair.
Never heard of Hylomar Blue before.  So I looked it up and it turns out it's an aviation sealant. 
In my previous world as an A&P I hadn't seen it either...but now it's on my shopping list.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

John Mc

I asked about hylamar blue on the chainsaw repair forum, where this video showed up on a how-to thread. Apparently, it's more common in England than in the US. Someone mentioned a more common US substitute, but I can't recall what it was.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

johnny newburgh

Good tip on releasing chain brake before removing cover I had that happen once and could not figure out why i could not get cover back on.

Thank You Sponsors!