iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How set idle

Started by Fulcrum156, October 08, 2017, 10:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulcrum156

Hi!

Does anyone know how to set idle rpm for this chainsaw? Currently it keeps such a high idle that its chain doesnt even stop moving, I mean, it seems dangerous to me..
There are two bolts, labeled respectively 'L' and 'H', obviously made to be turned if needed.

And a tiny hole labeled 'T', but I dont know if in that hole are any bolts to be turned.

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Hilltop366

Greetings and welcome.

Here is a link to the Husqvarna manuals. http://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/manuals-downloads/

The "T" should be the idle adjustment but the low speed "L" will also effect your idle speed. Should clean air filter and muffler screen before adjusting carb.

joe_indi

:D :D :D :D :D :D
This saw looks suspiciously and too obviously similar to the Zenoah knockoffs that are being sold in container loads in most Asian countries  :D :D

But carb setting is standard to all of them. L turned out 1 turn, H turned out 1 1/4 turn. Start it up warm it and then turn top idle screw in (to increase idle) or out(to decrease idle).
Rev it at WOT, it should 4 stroke a lot. If its leaned out the con rod bearing might burn out.

Fulcrum156

no wonder it's not a real husqvarna  ;D

Is this small hole for setting idle? What are L and H for? air:fuel mixture?

sawguy21

That's correct. Set the low speed (idle) to where it runs evenly just below where the chain starts to turn. Now rev it to wot briefly and listen, it should pick up and drop back repeatedly (four stroking). If it screams turn the H screw counterclockwise and rev it up again. DON'T hold it wide open with no load for more than a few seconds, bad things will happen.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Fulcrum156

Just reporting my findings - now it seems to be working fine.
Well in that small hole I failed finding a screw. I ve been tryiing for like 10 minutes.. ANd when I took the cover off I couldnt see where that hole leads..
Later I put my screw in that hole labeled 'L' and there I set the idle. Now it seems to be idling fine. I got the suspect that that hole that is supposed to be for setting idle... is just fake. Bcs they wanted it to appear like the real original chainsaw ( this one is not an original one).

Thank You Sponsors!