iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's it, animal addition

Started by moosehunter, October 27, 2017, 01:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Easy right? It's a cow, but look closer

So what is the hole for? (I know)
And for extra credit where did I take the pictures?
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Crusarius

That's where you put the fuel in. What kind of mileage does that baby get? :)

WV Sawmiller

The donut is used to collect samples from the cows stomache(s).

I'm guessing you took the picture on a USDA research farm or a vet school.

We had a USDA research farm up the road and they had 2 of them there. They were more discrete and used a red donut on the Hereford and a black donut on the Angus.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

breederman

Together we got this !

Grizzly

We got one of them at University of Saskatchewan. Not sure if it's the same one but there's one that does the farm event tours and they allow some of the public to check things out with that access. Not sure I approve but it is educational.

So I don't know where you were and I can't answer the question. So why did I take part in the discussion? Not sure........ :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

DelawhereJoe

About 3.5 miles from me is the Delaware State University research farm they have black Angus cows with the stomach ports for doing feed and crop forage research. Helps them better determine how and what foods the cows can digest the easiest.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Kbeitz

It's called a  cannulated cow ....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You should be able to look through the window into the cow. I actually saw something like this at Clemson University about 40 years ago.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

moosehunter

It is indeed at Cornell Vet school. I remember seeing another one on a field trip when I was in grade school.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

coxy

there is your next big mac or whopper in a year or so  ;D

WV Sawmiller

Moosey,

I'm waiting for my prize. :D 8) 8)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TKehl

Saw a cow like that on a vet science trip in 4H. 

I was one of very few in our group willing to stick my hand in.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Corley5

It didn't start with cows  ;) ;D 8)  Dr. William Beaumont's observations of Alex St. Martin's wound were the beginning.  http://www.mackinacparks.com/dr-william-beaumont-father-of-gastric-physiology/
  Beaumont Hospitals in South East Michigan are named for Dr. Beaumont  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!