iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gonna fire her up

Started by Roger2561, October 27, 2017, 05:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

Hi all - Well, I think I'll fire up the E-Classic 1400 for the season tomorrow morning.  I've been turning on the oil burner when I get home from work to take the chill out of the house but I kind of figure I might as well keep the money in my pocket and fire her up.  This will be my 7th season heating my house and DHW with her.  I pray that she holds together, it appears to be about this time in their life cycle that they want to leak.  I'm hoping to get one more full season out of her.  Wish me luck.  Roger 
Roger

Savannahdan

Good luck.  Don't miss having real cold weather.  Although, sort of miss having a nice snow at times.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: Roger2561 on October 27, 2017, 05:59:06 AM
Hi all - Well, I think I'll fire up the E-Classic 1400 for the season tomorrow morning.  I've been turning on the oil burner when I get home from work to take the chill out of the house but I kind of figure I might as well keep the money in my pocket and fire her up.  This will be my 7th season heating my house and DHW with her.  I pray that she holds together, it appears to be about this time in their life cycle that they want to leak.  I'm hoping to get one more full season out of her.  Wish me luck.  Roger

Yeah good luck, its been so warm so far this fall but its almost the cold season.

Wood Shed

Good luck Roger, I have been saying the same thing to my CB 6048 for the last three years.  Please just one more year but know that they do not last forever.  I started planning for my wood burning future a couple of years ago by building a wood shed to store and dry my wood knowing that a new gasifier demands dry wood.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

lopet

Quote from: Roger2561 on October 27, 2017, 05:59:06 AM

What are you worried about ? A couple of my friend go on with their 15th and 17th leak free season . one with a pressurized and one with a non pressurized system. 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

bobby s

Good luck Roger.
Yesterday I fired up my 2300 for it's 8th season. Been a great boiler except for a few minor maintenance issues.
I'd love to get two or three more years out of it.

Roger2561

Well, she's up and running.  No problems with exception of a self induced hiccup.  The water temp was rising nicely.  I checked on it to see how the wood was doing with the temps rising.  When I closed the fire box door I could hear what sounded like a solenoid buzzing.  So to the rear of the OWB I go, open the panel door and gave the offending solenoid a good tap.  It quieted down in no time.  As I tried to close the panel door the locking tabs that hold it closed broke as I was trying to pull and turn them.  So to the basement I go to find a solution.  I found some self tapping screws to hold it closed.  Outdoors I go and install them.  Patting myself on the back as I decided to have lunch.  After lunch I go outside to check on the OWB only to see "HI" flashing on the digital display (I doubt it was greeting welcoming me back from my lunch break) meaning that water temp was over 200 degrees and she shut herself down to protect herself from damage.  So, to the rear of the OWB I go to remove the panel where the solenoids are located.  However, before I removed it a second time I noticed that where the locking tabs once were (the ones that broke) there were 2 holes.  So off the basement I go again to find my silicone sealant.  Found it!  Outdoors I go fill in the 2 holes.  It worked!  The OWB has been running flawlessly all night and through the day today.  Roger
Roger

doctorb

Good Luck Roger on another season with your 2300.  I won't fire mine up until Thanksgiving, and, like you, I hope for another good year.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

stratford 50

Fired up the 2400 this morning, 3 hrs to get up to temperature, so far so good, That heat does feel good.

Thank You Sponsors!