iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adding a thumb

Started by gasman1075, October 27, 2017, 01:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman1075

I hate computers...I am adding a thumb to my 3 PT hitch pallet forks. I have the hydraulic valves ordered from Surplus Center and will take it to be welded up after I dry fit everything this weekend.
JD 2302R/Stihl MS461/Stihl MS261/ Timberwolf TW-P1/ new left hip /

thecfarm

I have not see one on the back. Goog luck with it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gasman1075

I couldn't find one on the back either where my hydraulics are ( power beyond). Ordered the 3 pt pallet forks from Titan and the thumb from Green's Machine. I figure I can back the forks under a log, pinch it, lift it, move it over to where I pile the rounds and then buck it up to length without having the log on the ground while I cut. I hope it works as I hope. It is a lot less complicated than adding the thumb to the bucket. ( I believe )

Thanks
JD 2302R/Stihl MS461/Stihl MS261/ Timberwolf TW-P1/ new left hip /

hedgerow

Should work just fine. I use my grapple fork on my skid steer to hold logs to be bucked with a chain saw. Years ago we did everything on the back with a three point until we got a loader tractor big enough to handle round hay bales and never looked back. Know that I wear glasses I hate using three point equipment backing up.

Thank You Sponsors!