iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Palax 35 Packer- Firewood Bagger

Started by labradorguy, October 24, 2017, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

labradorguy

Is anyone using these bags or the Palax Packer bagging stand? I'm interested but want to get more info first.

Grizzly

I bought the bagging stand and bags but have not sprung for a processor yet. We've only bagged a hundred bags or so but found we could do so quickly once we had it figured out. The bags do not fair well when exposed to sunlight. Just a few days and the bags were coming apart. The ones we kept in the shed have been good for months but not any we left outside. That's all I can offer. Oh, and that campers like the package size and that the bag can go into the fire as well. (They don't like to burn the plastic that most firewood comes in)
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

labradorguy

woodshax

We use a 16 gallon metal drum  (bought from ULine) and attached it to a couple of pivot points and mounted to a metal table we made

We fill long ways (18" average) into 2 cu ft by volume bags we get from Vietnam (24 cents a piece and last a lot longer in the sun).  fill the barrel with wood, slide the bag over the barrel, flip it over, slide it off and tie it.  2 guys can do about 400 bags a day

labradorguy

That is REALLY slick. I like the volume of those bags too.

Thank You Sponsors!