iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson mills

Started by delvis, October 25, 2017, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delvis

I'm thinking about adding a dedicated slabber to my operation in the spring and want something wider than the standard band mills offer.  I can choose between a Lucas or Peterson and I don't really have a preference at this point, but am wondering if anyone has pricing for the Peterson mills? 
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

TKehl

I don't mean to dissuade you from a swing mill slabber, but it wouldn't hurt to look at Cook's new mills. 

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=96790.0
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Savannahdan

Left Coast has a button on their website which lets you request a brochure/price list for Peterson mills.  Cook's has a webpage that covers the options for their wide cut mill, with prices.  Baileys has prices for two of their Lucas slabbers but not the Super Slabber.  So, you have choices and it depends on how wide you need to cut.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

delvis

Thanks for the replies.  That Cook's mill would probably be a nice unit to have and I know a good bandsaw blade will out cut ripping chain in terms of speed through the log.  Think I will take a look at one of those.

My father has decided if we go with a slabber with a bar and chain, we'll just build it ourselves and that would be economical as well.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Savannahdan

There's a fellow (Cremona) who has some u-tube videos showing his build on a wide cut bandsaw mill.  If I'm not mistaken it will cut a 5'+ board.  It uses an electric motor.  He indicated his initial cost to be around $5,000 and that he plans to add hydraulics later.  His video showing him cutting slabs with it is fun.  He also has videos about his chain saw mill. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Grandedog

Howdy,
   Here's a short video of us giving a new owner a run through on his automated slabber.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fleftcoastsuppliesyou%2Fposts%2F1163972213736075&width=500" width="500" height="390" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

Grandedog

Peeling of some cypress slabs now.

Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

Savannahdan

That's a nice looking slab.  It would be nice to have a slabbing attachment for my Lucas. 

Thank You Sponsors!