iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol kiln no longer available

Started by ArkansasRick, October 24, 2017, 03:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasRick

After reading reviews here on the Logosol Kilns I was set to order one. I had called Bailey's a couple weeks ago and got some information about the kiln. I called Bailey's this afternoon to place my order and was told it is no longer available. I believe Bailey's was the only USA source for the Sauno kilns. So I guess it's save up for a Nyle now....wonder what happened?  I saw one listed on Craigslist a few weeks ago, the listing was a few weeks old. I called the guy who said while it was listed for sale he received a recall notice on the one he had and he had just returned from shipping it back.
Rick

Savannahdan

Rick, thank you for the information.  I'm a small operation and thought the Logosol sauno kiln would be the thing for me.  I contacted Bailey's a few months back and was told to check back with their product line.  I've decided to work on building a small solar kiln.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

johnnyllama

Hey guys, I was in the same boat. I ended up getting in touch with the plant in Sweden (if my memory is correct) and was told it was an electrical issue. Wrong Hz for USA use. They said they were planning on re-designing in future for USA but no timeline for release.
Turner Bandmill, NH35 tractor, Stihl & Husky misc. saws, Mini-excavator, 24" planer, 8" jointer, tilting shaper, lathe, sliding table saw, widebelt sander, Beautiful hardworking wife, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 23 llamas in training to pull logs!!!

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

This kiln process involves steaming the wood prior to drying.  This pre-steaming Is a patented process here in the U.S. with the holder being Danny Elder.  This could be an issue, even though the machine is imported.

I do not know how the process proceeds after initial steaming.  Does the steamer keep injecting steam?

Notice that this kiln does not appear to have fans.  Does it have vents?  How does the water exit?  Note that in steam, the air has an EMC around 22%.  So, that would be the driest the wood can get, which is fine for some softwoods.  Will it dry oak to 7% MC...most of Europe does not dry this low, but we need to because of our central heating and low winter humidity.  We do know that the strength of some species of wood is lowered with temperatures over 180 F, and there is a loss of machinabilty.  Has anyone checked these possible issues to see if they are present in this kiln process or not?

I sure would like to see one of these working.

It is interesting to review the literature to find a description of the total process, in addition to the sales messages.  Who can you ask about the operation...any technical assistance in the US?  Any other operators using this equipment that can help?
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

WLC

Doesn't a member here have one?  Teed?
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Thank You Sponsors!