iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

225 tj

Started by coxy, October 23, 2017, 09:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

how much would it weight with the tires loaded  was thinking about moving it with a 1 ton about 5 miles down the road the guy that does it wants 200 to move it I think its a little steep

larry1

Yes float service around here is a minimum of 2 hr. charge, so that's about 200 . Can you not drive it 5 miles with the chains off and a slow moving sign mounted on the back. I 'm not sure of the weight or if a 1 ton will handle it unless you have the maximum license on the truck 

Neilo

coxy

pulling the chains is a pain all the pins are welded cause we have people with magnetic fingers around here  ;D   

Puffergas

I move my 225 with a farm tractor and trailer.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Gearbox

Puffergas show him a pic of your little tractor .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

ohiowoodchuck

200.00 for 5 miles. That's outrages. Wish I was closer I would move it with dually and gooseneck.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Maine logger88

A 225 weighs 14700 without loaded tires
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

coxy

well wasn't a fun ride with out trailer brakes but got it done ended up moving it with my new f250 the other guy said it was to heavy for his 1 ton  ::)  don't think ill try it again with out t brakes  :D

Bert

I say good for you. Got it handled. :) Sorry to hear you got a ford though.
Saw you tomorrow!

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

snowstorm

Ford is the only one that makes real trucks. The rest are just open air station wagons

62oliver

haha, this could escalate quickly :D :D :D
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

coxy

not going there  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :D :D :D :D :D

nativewolf

$200 for the 5 miles did seem crazy and I second the condolences on the Ford.  You could always park it by the road with the keys in it, put a sign up about it having a full tank and hope some unsuspecting kid drives it home without discussing with his folks.  Only trouble is someone might stop and just take the fuel, then you'd be out some perfectly good fuel.  Worth the risk I'd say.  Good luck getting rid of the Ford and congrats on moving the skidder.
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Oh heck, don't know what I was thinking..just fill the back of the truck bed with some good firewood.  Say firewood free if you keep the truck.  That should do it, then you don't have to spend the money on fuel.
Liking Walnut

coxy

I was not going to go there BUT  :D the guy with the ton truck had a 2014 GM durapuke   ;) said it was to much weight  so I had to prove a 3/4 ton ford gas was the best  8) 8) would I do it again to prove a point ya would I tell my other half what I did NO

Stoneyacrefarm

Coxy.
It's not that your truck is better than his.
He's just not as crazy as you are.  ;D :D :D :o
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Maine logger88

Quote from: coxy on October 26, 2017, 10:05:38 AM
I was not going to go there BUT  :D the guy with the ton truck had a 2014 GM durapuke   ;) said it was to much weight  so I had to prove a 3/4 ton ford gas was the best  8) 8) would I do it again to prove a point ya would I tell my other half what I did NO
I wouldn't tell the dot either hahahaha! I hauled a 50d jd excavator without trailer brakes once I can't imagine what another couple ton would be like  8)
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

47sawdust

Say Coxy,
If you like hauling equipment on trailers with no brakes,there's a nice trailer on Vt. CL for short money,no brakes. 8) 8)
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

coxy

its not that I like trailers with out brakes but its all I had and I proved a point that I didn't have to kiss some ones back side to get equipment  moved  the best part was it was my cousins skidder   :)  also the ford dealer said it had a 15klb towing capacity so had to find out    would like to find a goose neck trailer but I'm to cheap to spend that kind of money   I was always told when braking  in a new truck is drive it like you stole it      as far as d o t they would have ran out of ink before they was done with me  :-X ;D

mike_belben

Youd have run out of money before they ran out of ink, trust me.
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Yep they do have a bit too much ink.

Well, glad it got moved.  My truck is an old Hino and a dog and a half.  Top speed about 60, but in low gear it will take 15k lbs right up a mountain...just slow slow slow.

First thing I ever restored from a salvage yard so I'm happy about it.  Wish I had a small dump truck though, much more useful.  Freightliner M2 would be nice size'd for me, cummins engine and a dump bed with decent towing. 

Hopefully your cousin bought you a cold one for the skidder move.
Liking Walnut

barbender

$200 for a semi and lowboy to move it isn't out of line, but you got it taken care of👍
Too many irons in the fire

coxy

Quote from: barbender on October 27, 2017, 01:01:36 PM
$200 for a semi and lowboy to move it isn't out of line, but you got it taken care of👍
it was a roll back and total miles from him leaving his shop and back would have been 22 miles  i wouldn't have said much if it was 50 or more miles but i spend thousands of dollars at his shop every year on repairs  and tires  thats what pithed me off more than anything  i know how much it costs to have a truck on the road and don't expect them to do it for nothing but a little brake would have been nice  :)

Thank You Sponsors!