iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a new woods road

Started by thecfarm, October 16, 2017, 07:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I finally have a woods road that goes from the woods up to the house. I always had a truck road,but don't want to drag my wood through the gravel.  :o
The truck road can be seen on the right hand side. Just a straight line.

The woods road is right in the middle. I post about the challenges of putting a road through my land. The rocks on the left side I put in there to make the road level. All the other rocks I had to work around. I had to haul in some rocks to level the road up too. In one section there was rocks sticking up 6-8 inches high. Rough on a tractor with a twitch behind me. Many loads of rocks smoothed it up.
It's about a 10 minute ride,one way.
I use to haul my firewood out to the wood yard,than when it would snow,I would pack down the truck road and twitch the firewood to the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Ray just go get your blasting license and have some fun than after your fun you will have all the gravel you will ever need  :D 8)

campwags

It just amazes me how FAST those rocks GROW!  :D   Once you start to remove that little rock sticking out of the ground, it turns into a bolder!

Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

thecfarm

A nice set up you have there. Looks bigger than my 40hp tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

nice loader  only if trees grew as fast as them rocks :D

campwags

Quote from: thecfarm on October 29, 2017, 06:39:06 PM
A nice set up you have there. Looks bigger than my 40hp tractor.

That's my Kioti DK65s 65hp and that grapple can break my tractor, don't ask.   :(

We just had a storm come through here and washed out some of my gravel drive/trails.  I will be filling in with rocks like you first.
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

thecfarm

If I had a bigger tractor I would have a grapple on it with a rock in too.  ;D That would save me a lot of time. Rocks that size I have to put a chain around them and carry them. Sometimes I could get the rock into the bucket,but no place to push the rock against something in the middle of the field. The chain comes out.

Thank You Sponsors!