iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And I thought it was junk..

Started by 4x4American, October 22, 2017, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

Had a friend bring me some wormy butternut logs to saw for him over the summer.  I called him up halfway through and told him I thought they were junk, want me to keep going?  He said yea just finish em.  So I did..he picked them up and brought em to the dry kiln.  He texted me some pics yesterday of some doors he built with the lumber:

Boy, back in my day..

millcreek40

Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

4x4American

Quote from: millcreek40 on October 22, 2017, 09:03:16 PM
Well I think they are nice

They are beautiful..
I think he'd sell them to you for a good price
Boy, back in my day..

YellowHammer

Some of the prettiest wood I sell come from the ugliest butternut. 
Put a little oil on it, and it glows. 

I tell the loggers here, I'll take everyone they cut down, which isn't very many.  Most are small, and odd shaped.  (The logs, not the loggers)  The nasty ones I saw up for slabs, the pretty ones go into boards.  I make more $$ per bdft on the nasty ones as they look better as convoluted live edge slabs, and look terrible as lumber. ;D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

Those barn doors are very popular now. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

One mans trash is another mans gold. 8)

moodnacreek

It was junk but the guy followed thru and made something nice out of it. This is not often the case here.  If I allow wood like that in my yard it attracts more like it along with dreamers that don,t come back after you saw it.

Thank You Sponsors!