iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seasonal work abroad US/Canada

Started by Nobody, October 20, 2017, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody

Hello everyone!

Figured my main questions is mostly education related I hope i chose the right board.

Didnt see an introduction board, so since this will be my first thread and post I'll just get over with it!

I'm from Norway, 27 of age. I run my own little side show cutting trees down for anyone in any way.
I'm employed as well, as an excavator operator doing railroad related work.

On to what I would like some input on.
Mainly, what is my oportunities/possibilities for working as a faller on the other side of the waters in winter (desember-february)?

I would guess I will need some kind of certification depending on the area, and pay will be related to the subject. Any recommendations?

Thanks

sawguy21

Pmed you. It could be tough finding work here in the west due to this summer's fires, estimates say we lost a four year supply of wood. Any salvage is at least a year away, fires will smoulder and pop up in the spring so the burned areas are not yet safe. Coastal areas will still be active, most is too steep for mechanical harvesting, but there will be a lot of competition for those jobs.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Nobody

Thanks!

How long have those fires been going now?? Heard about it on the news a while ago..

Thank You Sponsors!