iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

445 tuning

Started by overclocking, October 12, 2017, 09:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overclocking

I have a 445, its a 2013 model. It hasn't been used much since it was purchased for a trim saw. When I got it I cut down a few bigger maples maybe 14-16 inches and I wasn't impressed with it at all.  Fast forward to now I tried to cut firewood,  12 inch oak and it just wouldn't do it. It just labors and bogs in the cut. It has the stock bar with a new chain. I would either like to see if I can tune it and if not its going back on the shelf and I'm going to buy another XP saw. I have read a few reports of people tweaking the high speed screw a little and getting some more power out of it. I modded the muffler a little and it seems to help very little.

My question is does anyone have any experience with modifying the 445? I would like to try to squeeze as much as I can out of it without porting it or tearing into it.

dougand3

I'd try L and H tuning. Then check carb diaphragms for stiffness. May be some varnish in carb and/or clogged screen.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

ladylake

Sounds lean, if you keep running it ,it will burn up if it hasn't already.  pull the muffler of and check for scoring and learn how to tune a saw.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

Find tuning tips here (see especially the "Saw Tuning" link)

Madsen's Pro Chainsaw Maintenance & Repair
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!