iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new Wood Shed!

Started by mrselfreliance, October 15, 2017, 07:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrselfreliance

Took alot of man hours but I got her all finished before winter.  I cut all the wood myself and brought it to a friend with a sawmill.  Actually theres a few 2x6's that I had on hand already that I used, but the rest was all wood from my land.

I have a few structural adjustments to do for next year, as I'm noticing the weight of the wood is bowing the ends.....

Here is the finished product doing it's job in the rain today!

Started pouring as I was stacking my firewood, so I threw a tarp on the trailer for now.

hedgerow

Nice looking shed. It is always good to kept the firewood dry.

WV Sawmiller

Looks good. From the strips on the roof shot I assume you used metal for the roof. Here is the one I just finished (except for a little trim work) from locust posts and lumber off my place. I used 5 sheets of 12' roofing for a 12' X 15' roof. Inside approximately (All dimensions are approximate when using crooked poles) are about 10" deep X 12" wide and from 8' - 10' tall (Also hard to calculate when the ground slopes 12-15 inches on the shed footprint). Didn't think about making multiple bins but that looks like a good idea especially to help rotate your firewood. I guess I could add 2 more poles and a divider if it looks like that may help. I'll be moving my firewood from my back yard and filling it this week.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mrselfreliance

Thanks.  Yea I used sheets of 3x8 tin to make the roof.  8x24 in total.  Be careful when you stack your wood, I didn't make my sides strong enough and only noticed once it was halffull so I had to put up temporary braces.  Because I'm not re stacking all that wood this year, loll.

samandothers

Nice shed!  It is a good feeling to complete something like that and step back and look at the finished product.  Your timing was pretty good too.

Gearbox

Put the stack on the end wall the other way and it will be fine .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

jmur1

Great work.  Good solid builds that will last for many years.
Easy does it

Ivan49

When I built  mine I still had my sawmill. I had the same problem as you so the next year I sawed more boards and added them on the wall inside the woodshed. I am going on the 10 th year and all is still good

mrselfreliance

Quote from: Gearbox on October 16, 2017, 10:21:06 AM
Put the stack on the end wall the other way and it will be fine .

Yes, I did that tonight, thank you.  I staggered them on the wall side, same as if I was stacking the sides in an empty field.  That'll take the pressure off.  I actually tore down half the middle row and re stacked.

Logging logginglogging

I have one of those canvas "shed in a box" deals for my wood. Isince the sides are not strong i just cross the ends on all my stacks and it works out just fine.... i stack all the way to the peak touching the brace... so the wood also gives it strength against snow before i rake it off.
had it for about 6 years now.. so far so good. when the tarp fails i plan to do the sides and roof in tin.

Thank You Sponsors!