The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: 2001 F250 4x4 diesel super cab for sale  (Read 829 times)

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
2001 F250 4x4 diesel super cab for sale
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:52:26 am »
I retired my old F250 4x4 in May of this year and replaced it with a F350. The truck has a 7x7 aluminum flat bed with a B&W under the bed gooseneck hitch and a B&W cat 5 receiver hitch, both new in Jan 2016. My plan was to swap the aluminum bed and hitch to my 2011 F350, but after checking with the dealer I bought the bed and hitch from I found it will not go on my newer truck. The old truck pulled a 14,000 GVW gooseneck trailer with sap tanks full of sap very well (about 900 gal at 8.2 #/gal).
Thus, I'm selling the 2001. 4x4, automatic hubs, Tires good. It has almost 190K and runs good. The oil pan was replaced in 2016. The truck has a Fisher minute mount 1 frame on it but I'm keeping the plow and putting a new frame on my new truck to attach the plow. The plow control and wiring does not go with the truck, I'm taking that for the new.
Truck ran good when parked, likely needs a good charge or maybe new batteries, but the batteries are not very old, but have not been charged since I drove the truck daily back in early May. Engine uses or leaks about 4 qts of oil over the course of a year and about 8,000 miles. I'm not a mechanic, but the mechanic I had change the oil pan said he thought the oil leak still there was coming from the rear main seal. I never addressed it, I just added a qt. every 1000-1400 miles as needed depending on the temperature and how hard I was using it.
The cab has lots of rust , rocker panels, lower door edges, lower front fenders and cab corners. Brake lines were replaced in fall 2015, but it has been parked since late May on crushed stone. The back super cab doors need work before they'll open properly. But the Aluminum bed and cat. 5 hitch and gooseneck hitch are in great shape. Gooseneck ball not included. Truck is located at my sugarhouse
Price $6000
The forestry Forum will get 5% of the selling price if sold by this ad. If sold to anyone else I will give all the details to "Da Boss"
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
Re: 2001 F250 4x4 diesel super cab for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »
I guess I'll have to get some pictures to post, the aluminum deck with the gooseneck hitch and the class 5 receiver hitch were over $5000 in Jan 2016. alone, plus installation. They are all in very good condition.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
It has the 7.3 which is in your favor. You couldn't give it away withe later 6.0.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:47:17 pm »
Yea, the 7.3 may have been their best engine ever. I drove school bus for 19 years after selling my business, most of those years the buses had the same engine, but they called it a 443. The bus mechanics hated it when the 7.3 was no longer available because of all the issues with the ones that followed.

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 07:19:02 pm »
I think they got there stuff together with the 6.7 they seem to be doing great lots of power and so far i haven't herd any horror storys about them around here any way

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 10:32:41 am »
I hope you're right, my 2011 F350 has the 6.7. I did have to change the plastic lower oil pan at 189,000 mi but it was not a chore like when the oil pan was replaced the year before on the 7.3. For that the engine had to be lifted several inches before there was room under to get the old pan out and the new one in. The 6.7 all I needed to do was drain the oil and change the pan, then add fresh oil. Took maybe 45 minutes, except I had lunch in the middle while the oil finished draining. My surprise was that they don't even make a gasket for it, you use a special silicone to seal the new lower oil pan.
I'm real busy this week but I'll try to get pictures the following week to post showing the truck from several angles.
I put the charger on about a week ago, to top off the batteries, then I started it and drove it to another area, out of my way more. It started and ran good.